Eskendereya earned a 109 Beyer Speed Figure for his peformance in the Wood

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
The Big E looks real tough going into the years derby, I think we will see one exciting derby this eyar. You will have Sidneys Candy on the lead turning for home with the Big E looming to run him down and then LOL will be coming along with Setusko, Ice Box and the remaining closers. This will be one for the ages to view this coming year. Kind of like Silver Charm and Captain Bodgit year. Let's hope we can cash the winner.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I'm not convinced that Sidney's Candy will be on the lead in the Derby. It'll depend how fast they're going.

Regarding Eskendereya, much like Sidney's Candy he's enjoyed some very soft early fractions in each of his last two starts.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    After Interactif takes the Arkansas Derby, Sydney's Candy will have his hands full with Interactif breathing down his neck all the way around CD. This Derby has turned into a SUPER DERBY this year.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    FB I really think that Setsuko would have to run inthe Coolmore, win and come back 2 wks later to run inthe Derby. He doesn't have the earning to get in. That's asking alot on a horse. But, they do it all day long at Tampa Bay Downs.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I was surprised to see Setsuko @ #25 on the earnings list. I believe at least a few of those in front of him are not running, but it's probably gonna be close. Pretty ridiculous if a horse who ran second in both the Sham and the SA Derby couldn't get in.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    I was surprised to see Setsuko @ #25 on the earnings list. I believe at least a few of those in front of him are not running, but it's probably gonna be close. Pretty ridiculous if a horse who ran second in both the Sham and the SA Derby couldn't get in.

Agree!!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    agreed with you on the soft fractions on both races but the derby is a totally different race as we all know i just hope that we get some good fractions..i just hope that i can get some good odds on lucky now......