Almost forgot...........The Apple Blossom

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
from Left at the Gate:

Oh yeah, Friday is the Apple Blossom at Oaklawn; forgot about that. Rachel Alexandra isn't around, so Zenyatta will be taking on Tiger Woods all by herself. Those who predicted that the "race for the ages" would be no match publicity-wise for this weekend's Masters probably would have been right based on what we've seen thus far.

Rachel herself is in Churchill, and apparently in no rush for a race, as Jess Jackson perpetuates the myth that she wouldn't have been "fit" to take on Zenyatta on Friday. Steve Asmussen told the Form:

"I'm going to keep working her every Monday....We're just going to worry about getting her back to where she was, and nothing else. I'm not going to concern myself about where and when she runs next."

By the time she finally runs again, maybe the rest of us won't be concerning ourselves with her either.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I was in the Wynn this past week, and i noticed that the Rachel/Zenyatta prop is now posted @ Zenyatta -140. I wonder what kind of odds you could get that they won't face each other this year??? That's not on the board, of course, but maybe it should be.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    i just cant stand that whole camp..how long did he have to get her ready....well when did he exactly want to bring her back in october....stop making excuses and just say that your not the same and you dont know if you are going to be the same...well they need to ask all of the connections of zenyatta how they keep her running like they have for so long....to me i believe they emptied her tank last year so i dont think a match with zen master is going to happen especially if she loses her next out..
    edited April 2010
    Just saw that the Racing Form is listing Zenyatta @ even money in the Apple Blossom. Of course, they're not booking the action....lol
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    The m.l. from Terry Wallace is 3/5 in a 5 horse field. She should be listed at 1/9 and then go to 1/20. She will go off at 1/20 today.
    edited April 2010
    I've always thought they do that stuff on purpose. So like, when someone sees the morning line, they might think to themselves, "Oh boy, i can get 3/5 on Zenyatta. I need to go to the track today".
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Totally Agree, it's some funny crap when I see these m.l. #'s.

fb
    edited April 2010
    wow i had a 15$ ex with zenyatta over taptam...paid 18 with a 1/9 on top ...got 135$
    edited April 2010
    Nice!
    edited April 2010
    amazing you get 18 bucks with her on top....ill take it..
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    amazing you get 18 bucks with her on top....ill take it..

I hate to say it but.... Thats what she said
    edited April 2010
    lol....