McPeek on Noble's Promise

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Noble's Promise Still 'Possible'

Trainer Ken McPeek said Noble's Promise, a disappointing fifth in the Grade I Arkansas Derby, is doing better after being gashed in the race and will ship to Churchill Downs Wednesday morning. The colt is currently at McPeek’s Magdalena Farm near Lexington after being flown to Lexington from Hot Springs on Monday.

Noble's Promise got off to a rough start in the Arkansas Derby and failed to seriously threaten the winner, Line of David. He sustained some cuts on his front legs during the race, but McPeek said he is encouraged by his progress--however, he also said Noble’s Promise is being treated for a lung infection discovered after the race.

“He’s going to gallop Thursday after the break, and we are intending on working on either on the 20th or 21st of the month,” McPeek said. “We’re going to need to work him and know that he’s good enough to work. He seems to be okay. We’ve got the cuts under control; I think they’re a short-term issue and relatively solved already. The lung infection that we were dealing with, it’s going to depend on how he responds to all that.”

McPeek is not ready to say Noble’s Promise is “definite” for the Derby, but he said he feels better about that possibility than he did a couple of days ago.

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    he is my advance play @ 30-1.....i just hope he makes the field....