Sidney's Candy in the 20-hole

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Might not be as bad as it sounds. Big Brown won the race from there a couple of years ago, and if you check out his replay on youtube you'll see that he was able to drop over pretty easily and get a good spot by the time they hit the turn. The key of course was his excelent speed, and that's an attribute shared by Sidney's Candy, so he may be able to work out a similar trip.

Looking at Lucky was much more unlucky, i think. Ironic that following all the drama with his inside trip in the SA Derby (where Baffert was supposedly furious about LAL being taken inside), he lands the rail in the Derby.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    i watch the draw and it doesnt even look like the pill bottle was big enough to move all of the 20 pills around.....paddy o prado i think got one of the best post in the field..also did you notice that the normal spots that all the trainers want from like 6- 10 are bombs.....funny draw..
  • mikenkimmikenkim Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    Are you seriously trying to compare this horse to Big brown...well this horse is not on steroids.He is not a beast and I believe has never run on dirt....No way can he compare to big brown...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2010
    mikenkim wrote: »
    Are you seriously trying to compare this horse to Big brown...well this horse is not on steroids.He is not a beast and I believe has never run on dirt....No way can he compare to big brown...

I think his situation is similar to Big Brown's, yes.