zito vs la penta

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
whos going to win in the debate ti run ice box in the freakness

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    well since i cant right the question is "zito doesnt want to run him and the owner does?"
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Yeah read an article today in the New York Post That Said Zito will skip the Preakness and wait at home for Super Saver
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    yea that would be best...but the owner said he thinking about the preakness.....give him a rest and let him go long
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    yea that would be best...but the owner said he thinking about the preakness.....give him a rest and let him go long

He responded well to that rest following the Florida Derby. That might be a big reason why Zito wants to wait.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    I meet old man LaPenta on Friday morning before the Oaks when Ice Box was coming off the track after his gallop. I went to shake his hand and he is over 80 years old so I went easy and he crushed my hand. Mr. Lapenta might be old but has fire of a 25 yo. If Ice Box comes out well and eats up well throughout the week don't be suprised to see him in the gate. He race was awesome to finish second with the amounts of trouble he had.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Noticed this quote in the Bloodhorse article i just posted:

“I’ve talked with (owner Robert) LaPenta, and he said the decision is up to me,” Zito said.