Small piece of Churchill info for Thursday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I was doing some research on baby race @ Churchill, and i came across this blurb in an old Bloodhorse article:

Hip No. 77, Kantharos, a colt by Lion Heart – Contessa Halo, by Southern Halo. Consigned by Eddie Woods, agent.

“He’s a very nice horse, and he worked really good (completing a quarter mile in :21 2/5),” said Woods of this half-brother to grade III winner Ikigai (by Whywhywhy ). “He’s a very striking horse when you come look at him. He resembles his dad a lot, and he might be even a hair bigger than him.”

Time looks pretty solid there, as the fastest quarter-mile work at the sale was just one tick better @ 21.1. Probably can be expected to run well here.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    2-1 for the Assman, worth a plug. Came across the same thing last night, it pays to read all the articles but takes a shit load of time.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Kantharos won by 11 lengths. Looks like a runner.
    edited May 2010
    Quick update on a horse with some connection to Kanthoros. He appeared to have worked heads-up from the gate with an unraced Lemon Drop Kid filly named Lemon Loaf back on April 14, so i assumed that one would be turning up soon, and probably be very live. I just did a workout search on Lemon Loaf however, and it seems that the April 14 driill was the last time she's been on the worktab. Not good news at all. Will update this thread when she resurfaces, assuming she ever does.
    edited July 2010
    Kanthoros goes in the Bashford Manor Stakes @ Churchill today.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Assman wins back to back stakes in easiest fashion. This one is a runner. Keep a eye on him down the road.

fb
    edited July 2010
    I gave Kantharos out on my site today. I was just hoping for even-money, and i thought i would probably get it with the stakes winner Lou Brissie in the race. This horse is a flat-out beast. He stumbled leaving the gate, then proceeded to win by about 8 lengths in 1:09 4/5. Unquestionably the best 2yo colt in the country so far. Maybe the best period.