susan and preakness double...

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
anyone have a susan preakness double???i will post one when i get home from wal mart.....gl to all the players today...

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    i think the consensus plays are harissa with lucky or super saver
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    im going with acting happy...talented lightly race filly who has been running against tough fillies in florida..over lucky....
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Rayphil.....i Like The 2 ..seeking The Title..i'm At The Track And I'm Playing Susan Dbl2,6,.small 1/1,2,7,8,10.....preakness.........
    Alot Depends On The Weather Today And Tonite...this Track Drains Good ..always Been A Speed Bias Track...for Your Info ..both 7/8//lucky And Saver Are Co/fav...9/5 At This Time...paddy Is 9-1 ....figure That One...
    edited May 2010
    good old hilltop has always favored the speed..ive been going there for the last 13 years and if you are close you are good...i just hope this weather hold up...
    edited May 2010
    i hope some people went with me with acting happy...cant believe i got 22.20....if either filly she ran against in her last races were in the susan they would of been the favorite...imo..lets go lucky..anyone find the will pays..
  • TolmesTolmes Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    i hope some people went with me with acting happy...cant believe i got 22.20....if either filly she ran against in her last races were in the susan they would of been the favorite...imo..lets go lucky..anyone find the will pays..

Nice call! Hope you hit the double.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Great call on Acting Happy. I was on Diva Delite, who went down on the backstretch and threw Leparoux pretty hard in the process. Here's a quick blurb on his condition from the Bloodhorse article:

As they went into the far turn, there was a near-disaster a bit further back, as Diva Delite clipped heels with C C's Pal. The incident caused Diva Delite to stumble badly and rider Julien Leparoux was thrown over the top of the filly. Trailing Diva Delite was Seeking the Title, and she was also thrown off stride while unseating Kent Desormeaux.

Desormeaux seemed to escape injury, but Leparoux received medical attention on the track before he was taken to nearby Sinai Hospital for further examination. Leparoux’ friend, Fanny Salmon, a television producer working for HRTV, spoke with him after he returned to the jockey quarters.

"He broke a tooth and he’s experiencing some chest pains,” she said. “He has a bruise and they want to take X-rays to know exactly what is wrong with him.”

Leparoux is scheduled to ride Pleasant Prince in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I). Desormeaux will ride Paddy O'Prado.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »

Lookin At Lucky is the favorite in the Black-Eyed Susan/Preakness double wagering. The will pays for that wager with Acting Happy ($22.20):

1. Aikenite - $493.20
    2. Schoolyard Dreams - $446.20
    3. Pleasant Prince - $516.80
    4. Northern Giant - $1,395.60
    5. Yawanna Twist - $361.20
    6. Jackson Bend - $419.40
    7. Lookin At Lucky - $89.60
    8. Super Saver - $117.40
    9. Caracortado - $487
    10. Paddy O' Prado - $301.20
    11. First Dude - $440.20
    12. Dublin - $243.80
    edited May 2010
    thanks...my wife has caracortado...so im pulling for her..lol
  • jerry tjerry t Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    I have the double guys with the 3,8,9,10, and 12. Will play the 7 in a triple or exacta to hedge on my double. Good Luck , everyone. I really like Caracatado and Dublin alot.:thumbup1:
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    bbixler wrote: »
    Lookin At Lucky is the favorite in the Black-Eyed Susan/Preakness double wagering. The will pays for that wager with Acting Happy ($22.20):

1. Aikenite - $493.20
    2. Schoolyard Dreams - $446.20
    3. Pleasant Prince - $516.80
    4. Northern Giant - $1,395.60
    5. Yawanna Twist - $361.20
    6. Jackson Bend - $419.40
    7. Lookin At Lucky - $89.60
    8. Super Saver - $117.40
    9. Caracortado - $487
    10. Paddy O' Prado - $301.20
    11. First Dude - $440.20
    12. Dublin - $243.80

Great call Rayphil. I saw these payouts today, and the thing that jumped out to me was that if this double is any indication, Dublin will have way less value than expected in exotics (based on his to win odds) as well as Yawanna Twist while Paddy O Prado and Jackson Bend seem to have more value than expected. Just thought it was interesting. Good luck.

Chisox
    edited May 2010
    people are just in love with dublin...i know mike has him..
    edited May 2010
    yes...thank you garcia.....$224...i knew you were the best horse...hope someone else had it with me...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Nice going! I had Lookin at Lucky in the Preakness, but no double for me. Just a small difference in payouts there, lol.
    edited May 2010
    lol...but cat if you look at the running lines of acting happy why did i get 22 bills...2nd to christine daae and 2nd to streaker...but ill take it because you know as we all know slumps come to often for us...