hollywood pick...play of the day....

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
this pick is my only pick for today....

race8....#7 smiling tiger..ml..7/2..

first off if i get the ml im pushing all in..2nd off bench and jeff bonde has him firing in the morning...2 and 3 back he ran 3rd twice behind lookin at lucky and make music for me in which we know that form held up...I dont think ill get the ml because i think he will get crushed in here so ill probably throw dixie trouper behind him....

Comments

• Steve19036Steve19036 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks played a 100 wps on Smiling Tiger n singled in my pick 4 still alive still early lol
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    awesome...i posted my $12 pick 4 ticket on another thread and i need the 8 for 305....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    this pick is my only pick for today....

race8....#7 smiling tiger..ml..7/2..

first off if i get the ml im pushing all in..2nd off bench and jeff bonde has him firing in the morning...2 and 3 back he ran 3rd twice behind lookin at lucky and make music for me in which we know that form held up...I dont think ill get the ml because i think he will get crushed in here so ill probably throw dixie trouper behind him....

Nice capping, keep it up.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Nice call.

Smiling Tiger was actually the only pick i gave out on my site today (pretty strange for a Saturday). Here's what i wrote about him:

Hollywood - Race 8

#7 Smiling Tiger (7/2 ml)

Speedy stakes colt for Jeff Bonde returned from a long layoff in a 6-furlong grass event, and was very sharp early but was was taken up a bit by Espinoza, who clearly didn't want to get into a speed duel early. That resulted in Smiling Tiger being caught in a pretty tight spot along the rail, directly behind the leader with a horse to his outside having him boxed in. Got a bit of running room in the lane and stuck to it while having to shift out in midstretch to come after the leader, and finished strongly despite being passed late by a barnmate who won the race. Clearly he comes back healthy, and he figures to have gotten a lot out of that race. Returns to the main track today in a race that may well have been the intended target, and moves from inside-to-outside here, which should result in a greatly improved trip as well. This colt acquitted himself very well vs. Lookin at Lucky last year, and could be returning an improved horse based on the way he finished last time (which seemed to be his main problem last summer). Reasonably tough field here, but the money should be spread around pretty well, and i think he figures pretty tough here if able to move forward in his second start off the layoff.
    edited May 2010
    that was the only horse i came up with yesterday....concord point was impressive to me..martin could not get him to settle early but he still had run late...
    edited August 2010
    nice win today at 17 bills...