Latest news on Stephen Strasburg's arrival in the bigs

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Nothing horse-related of course, but i posted about Tommy Hanson a few times last year before his major league debut, so i thought i'd follow up with a Strasburg post.

from MASNsports:

I know you're probably tired of all the guesses at Stephen Strasburg's arrival date in the majors, but I'm hearing the June 4 date that's been widely speculated is not likely to happen.

From what I heard today, Strasburg is likely to pitch for Triple-A Syracuse on June 3 or June 4, putting his arrival at Nationals Park during the Pirates series the next week, at the very earliest. MLB.com's Bill Ladson wrote that earlier today, and it jives with what I'm hearing. If the Nationals gave him an extra day after his next start on Saturday (which will be broadcast after the Nationals-Padres game on MASN, and replayed again after the Nationals-Padres game on Sunday), he could pitch for the Chiefs at home on June 4, instead of starting on the road on June 3. That would make a June 9 debut possible, and mean he'd make starts at Nationals Park and Camden Yards later in the month. A June 8 debut would put Strasburg at home twice during the Nationals' next homestand.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Keep me abreast on when he takes the mound.

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    The kid currently has an 0.39 era in four Triple-A starts. Here's the latest blurb from Rotoworld:

Stephen Strasburg-S- Nationals May. 27 - 11:13 am et

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports hears that Stephen Strasburg will make his major league debut on Tuesday, June 8 against the Pirates.

The team has yet to make an official announcement, so it's just speculation until they do. Remember, it was only a few days ago that it was believed he would make his major league on Jun 4 against the Reds.

Source: Tim Brown on Twitter