Saturday play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Monmouth - Race 6

#8 Zermatt (5/2 ml)

Been waiting on this filly to resurface. Prior to her debut, she worked heads-up with Embur's Song, who went up to Keeneland a couple of weeks later and won by 13 lengths, then went up to Woodbine and won again. As for Zermatt, she broke slowly in her debut but then moved up to take the lead, then tired just a bit late to lose by a length or so, but was still 8 lengths clear of the rest of the field at the wire, in very good time. And in her most recent drill over the Monmouth surface, she appears to have worked heads-up with the older stakes horse Harlem Rocker. Expecting a strong effort here.

HRT record:

68 for 250 (27%)

$585.20 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Be lucky to get 3/5.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    i think always a party will get some play...2nd time off bench with edgar will be close...winner in her last goes in the alw in the 11th..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I think a few of the first timers might pull some money. Wink and a Smile is 7/2 ml, and Kelly Breen trainees always gets bet hard up there. I also think the Biancone horse will draw some support, especially with Bravo in the irons. It's also a 12-horse field. Little doubt Zermatt will go favored, but i don't think she'll be odds-on. We'll see.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Actually opened up @ 9/2, and was still 3/1 with about 10 mtp before catching a flood of late money and going off @ 4/5. Ran second, of course. The Biancone horse won.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    sat a good trip..looked like he was going to pounce on them but just hung..