something strange

wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I was at MONTICELLO yesterday watching the races.I think it was the 8th but not sure...however TWO HORSES WERE RUNNING 1st & 2nd with the rest of the field way back.As they turned into the strech both horses crossed into the infield and then came back on track.They were still able to finish 1st & 2nd.AFTER a 25 MINUTE INQUIRY THEY WERE BOTH DQed.3rd 4th & 5th finishers moved up.My question is why did it take 25 minutes to make a simple decision.ONLY AT MONTICELLO...w2w

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    wire2wire wrote: »
    I was at MONTICELLO yesterday watching the races.I think it was the 8th but not sure...however TWO HORSES WERE RUNNING 1st & 2nd with the rest of the field way back.As they turned into the strech both horses crossed into the infield and then came back on track.They were still able to finish 1st & 2nd.AFTER a 25 MINUTE INQUIRY THEY WERE BOTH DQed.3rd 4th & 5th finishers moved up.My question is why did it take 25 minutes to make a simple decision.ONLY AT MONTICELLO...w2w

Probably trying to locate the applicable rule, and/or contact the gaming commission?
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I really think they had to call someone.Rule states if horse leaves track it is dqed.They really looked inept.Everyone in simulcast rooms and track new the rule.w2w