World Record!

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
My very good friend owns Mandurah who won 3 this year here at oaklawn. I was very very close to the horse and helped saddle him a couple of times. fed him carrots a lot in the mornings and he tries the turf today at monmouth today and runs 1:31 and a little bit of change! 22.1, 44 flat, 1:08 flat, and 1:31.1 i have never been so excited about a horse race in my life. ps i think he likes turf...

and i dont think he will ever be 10-1 ever again

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    My very good friend owns Mandurah who won 3 this year here at oaklawn. I was very very close to the horse and helped saddle him a couple of times. fed him carrots a lot in the mornings and he tries the turf today at monmouth today and runs 1:31 and a little bit of change! 22.1, 44 flat, 1:08 flat, and 1:31.1 i have never been so excited about a horse race in my life. ps i think he likes turf...

and i dont think he will ever be 10-1 ever again

Hadn't seen this yet. Were they running on concrete? I've never even heard of a 1:31 mile before, that's incredible.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I saw the race. When it was over I kept on say that's a new track record if not the world record over and over. And in between I said when the heck is the announcer going to mention it. I think he didn't have a clue. It must have been like two minutes before he said if the clock was right that it's a new world record.
    Another extraodinary thing happened yesterday, that cracked me up. Watch the replay of the 10th race at Calder. You'll see Saez's horse win the race then jump the bushes right after the wire. Man that was funny.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    yea it was basically concrete..in the 11th they also set another record just a track record for going 1 1/16 in 1:39.2...
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    i think the official drf said... "hard" not firm, fast, sloppy etc but "hard" never seen that before

still an incredible time regardless.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    yeah thats crazy conditions "Hard" looks like they didn't water the turf much
    an that Horse ran his heart out. great run Mandurah very nice:thumbup: