Racetrack Television / Dish Network Update

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
UPDATE TO THE DISH NETWORK® CHANGEOVER

The new target date is July 1, 2010. We will keep everyone posted if the situation changes. Here is how the transition will affect our subscribers:

When the time comes, it is up to each subscriber to contact DISH Network® about adding RTN to their current service, or, if not an existing DISH Network® subscriber, about getting service in order to continue receiving RTN. Subscribers will not be obligated to order additional channel packages. DISH Network® installation, equipment and service policies will apply.

Once the subscriber has RTN through DISH Network®, it is up to the subscriber to call RTN and cancel the original service. We will continue to bill at the $99.99/month rate until we are advised to disconnect. At that time, subscribers with the newer ADB or TRT receivers should ask us about our buy-back program. The program does not apply to the original Echostar 2700 and 2800 receivers.

RTN reserves the right to deny any delinquent account from receiving the service through DISH Network® until the balance is paid. We cannot intervene in the event of a previous subscriber billing dispute with DISH Network®.

RTN will provide a buffer period after DISH Network® begins to transmit the RTN signal, but we strongly advise that subscribers convert to the DISH Network® version as soon as possible in order to take advantage of the $50/month pricing.

We will be launching an internet and mobile phone version of RTN once the changeover is complete. Details will be announced by the end of the transition.

The RTN Customer Support Center's hours of operation are from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific time, 7 days a week. You can reach us by telephone at 866-2 SEE RTN (866-273-3786).

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    cant get the dish....get comcast for free...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I would spend $100.00 month to not hear Ken Rudolph's mouth!!!! He is so boriing and it's time for him to go by the way side. He thinks he is the Sturat Scott of TVG!!
    edited June 2010
    You can contact Dish now and get RTN, it's available.

fb
  • delpark88delpark88 Member
    edited July 2010
    i have comcast and the tv g channel is like 718 in my area but i dont recieve the signal
    edited July 2010
    delpark88 wrote: »
    i have comcast and the tv g channel is like 718 in my area but i dont recieve the signal

Call dish and you will have more racing channles than you can watch plus HRTV and TVG. It's the actual simulcast feeds. I think Dish is offering local channels in all areas now.

fb
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    delpark...tvg and hrtv are included in the sports package...im a field tech for comcast thats the only reason i know...whats it say not authorized when you turn that channel on..