I Want Revenge may return in Suburban

KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
will be nice if he comes back :yes:
read this in DRF

By David Grening
ELMONT, N.Y. - There may not be many stars in this year's 3-year-old division, but one prominent horse from last year's 3-year-old crop is getting closer to making a comeback.

I Want Revenge, who has not run since winning the Wood Memorial at Aqueduct on April 4, 2009, is doing so well right now, according to new trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., that he could make his return to the races in the Grade 2, $300,000 Suburban at Belmont Park on July 3.

"That horse is doing good," Dutrow said over the weekend. "I hope he stays this way. The game needs another good one and he is a good one.'"

On Saturday morning, I Want Revenge was credited with a half-mile workout in 48.78 seconds at Aqueduct. Dutrow said the work was actually a five-furlong move, which would have been his second five-furlong drill and sixth work since joining Dutrow's barn earlier in the year.

"He's doing it all the right way," Dutrow said. "It seems like he's ready to run tomorrow. I'm very happy with him. I hope he stays this way for a long, long time."

I Want Revenge was the morning-line favorite for the 2009 Kentucky Derby, but was scratched the morning of the race due to an ankle injury. The horse became part of a bevy of lawsuits between co-owners David Lanzman and a partnership headed by Michael Iavarone's IEAH Stables. Ultimately, all lawsuits were dropped and the IEAH group bought Lanzman out of the horse.

I Want Revenge, previously trained by Jeff Mullins, is 2 for 2 on dirt, with victories in the Gotham and Wood Memorial.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I thought i had read some time ago that he was retired? I guess not.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I thought i had read some time ago that he was retired? I guess not.

YES me2, but when i saw this news i was like wow he made it back from his injury.,,
    lol i was very happy to read that... gogogogoggo i want revenge :thumbup: