Winslow Homer Update

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Winslow Homer will be heading to the gate on June 26, 2010 in the Iowa Derby at PM. I will be really looking forward to his return and if all goes well there will be in the gate for the Jim Dandy at The SPA. Cannot wait for the great summer racing that is before us.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I just tried to go to the Fox Hill Farm website (www.rockportharbour.com) to try and get the latest info, but the site seems to have disappeared. You know anything about that, FB? I found it to be very informative earlier this year; loved the personal updates from Rick Porter.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Just as fb said, Winslow Homer is entered on June 26, 2010 at PRAIRIE MEADOWS.

Iowa Derby - Grade: 3
    Race: 7 - 9:18 PM Exacta / Quinella / Trifecta / Pick 3 (Races 7-8-9)

STAKES Iowa Derby - Grade: 3

Purse: $ 250,000. For Three-year-olds. Weights: 122 Lbs. Non-winners Of $50,000 At A Mile Or Over In 2010 Allowed 3 Lbs., Non-winners Of $40,000 In 2010 Allowed 6 Lbs., Non-winners Of $20,000 In 2010 Allowed 9 Lbs. No Nomination Fee. $1,000 To Pass The Entry Box And $2,500additional to start. $250,000 guaranteed of which 60% to the owner of the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth, 2% to sixth. SUPPLEMENTAL NOMINATIONS AT TIME OF ENTRY WITH A FEE OF $5,000 TO ENTER AND START. Starters to be named through the entry box by the usual time of closing. Should this race not be divided and the entry number exceeds fourteen (14), high weights will be preferred. Different owners will have equal draw according to the weights. The second parts of same owner entries will have no consideration over a single interest. Failure to draw into the race cancels all fees. One And One Sixteenth Miles.

PP Horse A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer
    4 Winslow Homer 3/C BL Ramon A. Dominguez 122 Anthony W. Dutrow
    edited June 2010
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    I just tried to go to the Fox Hill Farm website (www.rockportharbour.com) to try and get the latest info, but the site seems to have disappeared. You know anything about that, FB? I found it to be very informative earlier this year; loved the personal updates from Rick Porter.

Heres a link

Rockport Harbor - The Front Page
  • getsdowngetsdown Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    what is his projected ML......thanks......
    edited June 2010
    InTheFog wrote: »

That's bizarre, they made a whole new site and just changed the spelling by one letter??? Whatever, I guess they must've had a reason. Thanks a lot for the link, Fog! We now have our official Winslow Homer fix, lol.
    edited June 2010
    getsdown wrote: »
    what is his projected ML......thanks......

Iowa Derby (G3)

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $250,000

Prg. # PP Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Claim $ Equip. Med. ML
    1 1 Down With Dixie Borel C H McGee Paul J 116 BL 6-1
    2 2 Vow to Wager Albarado R J Romans Dale 122 BL 5-1
    3 3 Thiskyhasnolimit Bridgmohan S X Asmussen Steven M 119 BL 4-1
    4 4 Winslow Homer Dominguez R A Dutrow Anthony W 122 BL 2-1
    5 5 Forestry Type Alvarado J Bennett Dale 116 BL 9-2
    6 6 Concord Point Garcia M Baffert Bob 116 BL 5-2
    edited June 2010
    Here's a quote from owner Rick Porter off the new Fox Hill Farm site:

Winslow Homer is training at his best. He is working 5/8ths this Saturday before the break. Tony and I are going down before heading to Louisville for Honest Man's race. Homer is being pointed to the Iowa Derby, Grade II on June 26th at Prairie Meadows. Earlier that same day, Sacred Journey is running in the Arlington Sprint Breeders' Cup. It's $100,000 going 5 1/2 on the grass. We chose the Iowa race for Homer because the timing is perfect for his next goal if he runs well, the Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga on July 31st.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    You guy's know that Afleet Express will be running in the Jim Dandy if he doesn't run inthe Haskell? Boys summer racing is going to be exciting.
    edited June 2010
    Here's another article on Winslow Homer from the local Des Moines paper. Trainer Dutrow says that he may need the race...

Prairie Meadows: Kentucky Derby hopeful Winslow Homer makes return to track Saturday | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register