Monmouth Park Card

wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
2nd #1 145...3rd #6 156...6th #7 147...7th #7 179...8th #2 268...GOOD RACING...w2w

Comments

• Mltn1010Mltn1010 Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    What do you think about Cape Town King? He is the running in the first race? Thanks!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Mltn1010 wrote: »
    What do you think about Cape Town King? He is the running in the first race? Thanks!

The final time from his last race compares reasonably well with that of the favorite considering that he was stalking a much faster pace, but note that it took him a snail-like 14 seconds to get the final furlong there. I don't think a repeat effort will be good enough, and considering his age and the fact that he's descended into the bottom level now (he used to be pretty good), he's not really the sort you'd expect improvement from. That being said, i do find it very interesting that his long-time trainer Hess wasn't able to win with him this year in several attempts, and then this new guy wins with him first time off the claim. Kind of makes you wonder what might have happened there, if you get my drift.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    JANUASRY GENT & PRECIOUS PACKAGE seem to have the better of him.However,BRAVO is the KING OF MONMOUTH.I took a pass on this one...w2w
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    w2w...guessing there's no thing to do list today.....
    edited July 2010
    Am free until dinner time...lol...w2w
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Cape Town King wins at 5-1.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    mltn..nice call..
    edited July 2010
    NICE CALL...HOPE YOU USED MY TWO AND GOT THE EXACTA AND TRIPLE...w2w
    edited July 2010
    RAN 2nd IN 2nd $6.20 $4.40...w2w
  • TommyTTommyT Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    Try the 10th today with Devon Rock.....lOOks good.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Nice pick with Cape Town King, hope you did well on him. I need to start watching this Tony Wilson guy off the claim. Two wins in a row with this horse now?
    edited July 2010
    WON 7th $2.60 $2.20 $2.10...TOP PICK SCRATCHED IN 8th...w2w