Belmont Heat Wave

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Weather forecast for NYC calls for 100 degree with high humidity for Wed. July 7. I can remember a few years ago when Saratoga cancelled racing due to heat. Has anyone heard or have a feeling about the possibility of cancelling the Wed card.

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Weather forecast for NYC calls for 100 degree with high humidity for Wed. July 7. I can remember a few years ago when Saratoga cancelled racing due to heat. Has anyone heard or have a feeling about the possibility of cancelling the Wed card.

Yup is very bad out-here wow it feels 104 :sweatdrop: today with the humidity, yesterday 100 ,tomorrow 98 :surrender:.,
    all week is gonna be Fire in NYC..,, OTB locations are nice an cold....:cool2:
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Philly canceled racing today cause of the heat !!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    its terrible down here in baltimore also...cant breathe out cause of this dumb heat
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Andy Serling just "tweeted"/"twittered" that Belmont's card for Wed was cancelled due to extreme heat
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    LOOKS LIKE NO RACING ON WEDNESDAY...w2w
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Oh brother, all that work for nothing. Maybe the races will be re-carded as-is, but probably not. Btw, it looks like it might rain there on Fri/Sat.
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    That is about right!!!!!!! I live in Texas and we are headed to NYC on Friday and it is hot there. It is always hot here during the summer.