Half-brother to EZ Warrior @ Hollywood

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2016 in Horse Racing Forum
ZZ Warrior in the 4th. He just got bet from 6/5 down to 1/5 in the space of about a minute (5 mtp).

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Drifted back up to even-money at post-time, and just won by open lengths. Very impressive debut.
    edited July 2010
    Now all of a sudden there's a half-sister to EZ Warrior entered in Race 5 today (ZZ is a 3yo, today's filly AZ is a 2yo). Pretty bizarre.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    A Z Warrior, isn't she sired by Bernardini, The Preakness winner when Barbaro broke down?
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    cinfront wrote: »
    A Z Warrior, isn't she sired by Bernardini, The Preakness winner when Barbaro broke down?

yes it is, an the Dam is carson jen by carson city.....

this race 5 i'm going with Dixie Union Daughter .,, #7 Righteous Renee :cool2:

5th Race - Hollywood Park - Thursday, July 15th, 2010
    MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT. 5 1/2 Furlongs Dirt. Purse $41,000. FOR MAIDENS, FILLIES TWO YEARS OLD. Weight, 120 lbs. (03:05 PM) (8)

this race i'ma dedicated to Dixie Union RIP .,,an take his daughter '# 7 Righteous Renee'
    i'ma box 7 Righteous Renee,2 A Z Warrior,3 Sky Angel EX. box
    edited July 2010
    A Z Warrior won as well....nice week for the Carson Jen offspring.

She got hammered at the windows, too. Paid $4.40 to win after being listed @ 4/1 on the morning line.

Btw, the Racing Form reported that all of the Carson Jen offspring had won their debuts. That's incorrect. J Z Warrior ran third in his debut @ Belmont, but then won by around 10 lengths @ Saratoga second time out.
    edited October 2010
    A Z Warrior won the Grade 1 Frizette yesterday.
    edited November 2012
    Another sibling to the above-mentioned horses is entered @ Churchill today for Steve Asmussen:

Egyptian Warrior in Race 7
    edited September 2013
    We have another one of these Carson Jen offspring entered @ Del Mar today.

Jojo Warrior in Race 4
    edited September 2013
    We have another one of these Carson Jen offspring entered @ Del Mar today.

Jojo Warrior in Race 4

Jojo Warrior wins impressively @ $5.20 :yes:
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow! Thats was very nice- and thanks for keep tabs for everyone.
    edited September 2013
    Duckgawd wrote: »
    Wow! Thats was very nice- and thanks for keep tabs for everyone.

My pleasure. Hope to do it again next year! :eating:
    edited January 2016
    There's a new addition to the family!

TRYST goes in Santa Anita's 4th race tomorrow for trainer Richard Mandella. Workouts are flashy, particularly for a Mandella trainee.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    There's a new addition to the family!

TRYST goes in Santa Anita's 4th race tomorrow for trainer Richard Mandella. Workouts are flashy, particularly for a Mandella trainee.

Thanks DC. I'll update with harringtons comments when I get them...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    TRYST goes in race 4
    #2 8/5 ml

works look very good, but first start as a now 4 yo filly is somewhat of a concern?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Nakatani has moved his tack to Oaklawn but he comes back today to ride in the 7th---#4 MOKAT, 9/5 ml, for Baltas. 3yo fillies going one mile on dirt, and her last was a good 2nd in a turf stakes in Jimmy durante Stakes.
    Short price but she sure looks like a single in exotic plays?
    edited January 2016
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Thanks DC. I'll update with harringtons comments when I get them...

TRYST Dec 31 SA 5 :58.2H M FT B
    Prat up; have to like this spin matching strides with Dreamologist in a speedy 34.3, 58.2. Could not separate them here.---Grade: B
    TRYST Dec 24 SA 6 1:15.3HG M FT B-
    Steady drill over this deep track going best over Couchsurfing all the way in 24.4, 48.3, 101.4 galloping out in 115.4. Prat aboard.---Grade: B-
    edited January 2016
    Nakatani has moved his tack to Oaklawn but he comes back today to ride in the 7th---#4 MOKAT, 9/5 ml, for Baltas. 3yo fillies going one mile on dirt, and her last was a good 2nd in a turf stakes in Jimmy durante Stakes.
    Short price but she sure looks like a single in exotic plays?

MOKAT Dec 26 SA 6 1:12.4H M FT B+
    Picked this one at the 1/2 mile inside Imperative the duo breezing together to the line with a 48 flat last 1/2 mile. Would have given this one a breeze; has always trained well on the dirt.---Grade: B+
    MOKAT Dec 19 SA 5 :59.4H M FT B
    Total breeze with next out winning barnmate Paulina's Love going heads up in 100.1 for Baltas. Has always looked sharp over dirt.---Grade: B

Makes sense the china man is coming back...
    edited January 2016
    Sure seems like Baltas went back on the juice as soon as Santa Anita opened...
    edited January 2016
    Sure seems like Baltas went back on the juice as soon as Santa Anita opened...

Ding ding ding.
    edited January 2016
    Struck out. Wasn't impressed by either, but the Mandela will be fine, and Mokat needs the lawn.