ANOTHER NICE WORK OUT FOR Kantharos

KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga Kantharos is getting ready to own the Spaaaaaaaaaaaaa :yes:

Horse name Kantharos
Notes best 2yr old racing, very impressive running style very fast (my notes)
Activity type Workout
Activity date 07-19-2010
Track Saratoga
Surface Dirt training
Distance 5 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 1:02.45
Track condition Fast

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Hmm. Looks like the type of slow drill that Asmussen tends to give his horses right before a race. I wonder if he's going in the Sanford this weekend?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Assman would be crazy not to enter this monster in the Sanford. Graded stakes earnings are at a premium, even in the 2yo summer events. This horse may turn out to be a sprinter, but you never know, so you owe it to the owners to cement a place for the first Saturday in May. Moreover, even if he bounces off his last race, he probably wins by 3 or more lengths, notwithstanding Dutrow's 2yo monster being entered in this early race, Boys at toscanova I believe is the name, who is also a true candidate to wire any 2yo field. Dogwood sends out an entry of Lou Brissie and Blue Right By, the latter seemingly just now having the light come on and is by Blood-horse 2yo leading sire Bluegrass Cat(article in the July 17 mag). Should be one hell of a race, but keep in mind they are only going 6F and most of these nominees are bred to go alot longer.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Shows what I know, nothing. Kantharos not entered in Sanford, nor is Dutrow's monster, Boys At Toscanova. I can only think that this graded stakes race is coming up too soon and the trainers want more time between races.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Not real surprising considering the quick turnaround. Now that he's offically passed on the Sanford, i would think that he'll be turning up in the Saratoga Special. Asmussen took that same route with Kodiak Kowboy a few years ago.