Wine Police for the Assman

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
The Assman is loaded with quality 2 yo's, this Wine Police was only 1 tick off the track record, this one looks strong and might give Kanthroas a run for his money in 2011. Book him in your stable mail as a stakes runner in the future. Also on another note Amoss had a decent looking 1ster at Arlington that won first in Moonbie, this one looks like a real runner also. Might be a stakes winner on the Poly upcoming.

fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I actually picked some pretty nice info here. Wine Police worked heads-up twice in a row (once from the gate) with an unraced AP Indy colt named Astrology. Be on the lookout for that one.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I actually picked some pretty nice info here. Wine Police worked heads-up twice in a row (once from the gate) with an unraced AP Indy colt named Astrology. Be on the lookout for that one.

Astrology is in the 6th at the Spa on Saturday.

fb
    edited July 2010
    True that. I posted about it in the Horse to Watch thread last night. Haven't seen a morning line yet, but considering it's Asmussen i'm not expecting anything too big. We'll see.

Edit: I just checked again, and it's out now. 5/1.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    i read where assman is taking his tops two year olds out to socal in early december.
    edited November 2010
    He has to go to Cali this year because of Jess Jackson told him too!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited November 2010
    I was about to ask why Jess Jackson suddenly changed his mind on synthetics (like he didn't train Curlin at Keeneland over and over again), but then i remembered that Santa Anita is dirt this year.

Watch those Beyer figures magically rise, LOL.
    edited June 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »
    The Assman is loaded with quality 2 yo's, this Wine Police was only 1 tick off the track record, this one looks strong and might give Kanthroas a run for his money in 2011. Book him in your stable mail as a stakes runner in the future. Also on another note Amoss had a decent looking 1ster at Arlington that won first in Moonbie, this one looks like a real runner also. Might be a stakes winner on the Poly upcoming.

fb

Wine Police back in tonight off a long layoff at Churchill Downs. Might be worth a stab!!!!!

fb
    edited June 2011
    Wine Police back in tonight off a long layoff at Churchill Downs. Might be worth a stab!!!!!

fb

Easy winner off the bench at odds on. You know when Assman scrathed the favorite this one was ready to roll against this field. I still think this one will win a stakes race down the line.

fb
    edited June 2011
    Agreed. Looks like Asmussen took his time and brought this guy back healthy.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Hopefully Assman Will Do The Same For 'dominus' Who Is Probably His Best 3 Yr Old......working Now After Bruised Foot....
    edited July 2011
    Wine Police in the Amsterdamn at The Spa tomorrow.
    edited August 2011
    I thought he ran a pretty nice race today. Was squeezed back a bit from between horses when THAS rushed up on his outside to dispute the early pace, and did a good job of relaxing behind the leaders while boxed in along the rail. Came rallying into the stretch and looked like a major factor before the winner (the longest shot on the board) came blowing past everyone on the outside. The horse is clearly in good health these days, and back on his game. Could be a factor in the 3yo sprint division throughout the latter half of the year.
    edited September 2011
    Back in today at the Spa in a stakes at odds on!!!!
    edited September 2011
    Seems to set up for him pace-wise, with Chipshot and Higher Court figuring to duel up front.
    edited September 2011
    Back in today at the Spa in a stakes at odds on!!!!

This one get his stakes win and has been taken care of by the Assman. Couldn't get even money though.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I never thought he would get going. At about the 1/8 pole I gave up only to see him unleash a Afleet Alex type of late kick to get to the wire in the nick of time. Either one hell of a smart move by the jock, or he just got lucky!
    At 4/5, a little too close for me!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Does Our old friend Wine Police have any shot in the sprint?
    edited October 2013
    If Wine Police hits the board it will be at 99-1 off a 30-1 ml, and one of the biggest prices and surprises of the BC! I love a good price play, but playing Zia Park runners against the likes of these off a 1 1/2 year layoff is not in my future.

Bullet Bob has the fastest sprinter going, #9 Secret Circle, who is also back from a 1 1/2 year rehab, but is working like an absolute beast. I like him on top, followed by #3 Gentlemen's Bet, 8-1, and #7 Private Zone, at 3-1., and I'll probably play an ex bx and hope that Ron Moquette has Gentlemen's Bet coming out of his skin!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Didn't think he did. I still have him in my stablewatch from years ago and in the comments at the bottom it says Horseracingtalk. I guess he is worth a few $$$ on a hunch
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    jg do you have wine police mixed up with another horse? never ran at zia ? and has run three times leading up to this race the last time only got beat 2 lengths to fed biz and a length behind goldencents. could be a good underneath exoctic horse.... does anyone think tightend touchdown @12/1 has a chance in the turf sprint?
    edited October 2013
    Didn't mean to imply that Wine Police ran at Zia, but he is based there for trainer Henry Dominguez.

Wine Police was a hell of a runner---back in 2011. He was considered one of Assman's best, but broke down at the end of the year, probably a chip or a fracture, and spent the next year and a half in rehab. Resurfaced in mid-summer 2013 at Del Mar and won first back under new trainer Dominguez in a $62.5 opt clm race before going in a top stakes race against Fed Biz, et al, again at Del Mar over the stickey stuff. Next up he went in a stakes sprint at Remington where he held on late for a win, but the time and competition were very ordinary. Since then his works at Zia are very average at best and his one work over SA strip was not even average.

IMO, he is just not up to the level he will have to beat, but definitely a exotic tickler underneath!