I would like to welome Warren Eves to the forum...

RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Many of you may have seen his work over the years. We are happy to have him here.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Many of you may have seen his work over the years. We are happy to have him here.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think I did a radio show with him a couple of years ago?

In any case, welcome aboard Warren!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited July 2010
    He will be posting under the username: warrenthebull
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    RightAngle wrote: »

Welcome to HorseRacingTalk.com warrenthebull :toast:, Enjoy the stay an see you around the forums :shakehands:
  • warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be back on line covering the world of horse racing, something I have managed to do over a long course. We'll be submitting some takes on the real world of horse racing. There's always news worth applying to your horse playing and we go where we feel the best value can be found. I only recommend what I play myself and we try to keep the commentary down to the novice level.

Our man Charlie Fay is outside the clubhouse gate at Saratoga Racetrack, my old stomping grounds. He reports the 5th, 7th & 10th races are off the turf. The first and eighth races remain on the green and the first goes from the inner to the outer turf. The temperature is 78 and the track is expected to be good at the start. A big storm is a strong possibility at around 4 p.m.

Currently I'm following the Saratoga meeting because I'm among those who do not like betting synthetics. Having spent some years at the Saratoga spa I have great respect for the venue. It's always been tough, but that's where you will find value.

Today's featured Sanford Stakes most likely will produce the real deal. We now known how big that late surge of Chipshot was at Churchill Downs on May 20. On June 6 from post one he was clear into the turn and won with a final fraction of 12.2. So who knows how good he may be and he's 7-2. The tote will tell me whether to play this race or not. Here's why. Nacho Saint(3) at 10-1 is beginning to figure things out. Last time out he settled out sixth. Nacho Saint rode the rail to the top, put his head down, and almost got up. Last but not least Bail Out The Cat(4). He ran to strong support last time. He was away staight, raced head and head, and put his main challenge away. Bail Out the Cat was straight and true to the wire under a hand scrub to the finish.

I'll be passing along soime of the horses that make my "Watch List" from time to time. Yesterday we were impressed with the Tapit colt named Never Right Joey who won from post two. He ran with his head cocked to the right most of the way, held a short lead into the turn, and raced greenly into the lane. What I did note was the nice way Never Right Joey figured things out in the last 60 yards. He's just another colt in the huge Todd Pletcher barn so who knows? Some of these talented runners get lost in the shuffle because Pletcher has so many.

We hope you got to watch the7th at Saratoga. Steve Asmussen sent out a first time starter named Wine Police. This colt was angling over to lane three from an outside post. Wine Police raced in lanes 3-4 all the way, losing ground. Once to the top he widened in the lane. The head-on shot showed he was straight as a string late. So it'll be fun to see what this Sp;eigbhtstown colt does when he faces winners.

I'll post some things during the day from time to time you may be able to use at the windows.

Have a great day.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Nice post there Warren