Workout for Kantharos 7/26

KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Another nice work out for the King to be.i can't wait for his next start
if he could talk to the other Horses in 4words i think he will say Come An Get me. :yes:

Horse name Kantharos
Notes best 2yr old racing, very impressive running style very fast [my notes] :cool2:
Activity type Workout
Activity date 07-26-2010
Track Saratoga
Surface Dirt training
Distance 5 Furlongs
Workout type Handily
Workout time 1:01.95
Track condition Fast

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2010
    He's the best i've seen so far this year, no question. I think he'll probably face Boys at Tosconova next time out, which should be fun.
    edited July 2010
    Just did some checking on Kantharos' workouts. Asmussen isn't even working him with 2yo's anymore. Today's drill came heads-up with the good older stakes-type Captain Cherokee, while his previous two drills came heads-up with Omniscient.

Incidentally, i believe that both those two horses won their last start.
    edited August 2010
    Just did some checking on Kantharos' workouts. Asmussen isn't even working him with 2yo's anymore. Today's drill came heads-up with the good older stakes-type Captain Cherokee, while his previous two drills came heads-up with Omniscient.

Just noticed that Kantharos' last workout came heads-up with Friesan Fire. Asmussen still won't work this colt with 2yo's. This is getting to be ridiculous. The closest example i can think of right now is Empire Maker, who as a 2yo had been working regularly with the older stakes horses Medaglia d'Oro and Milwaukee Brew.

Btw, that drill with Friesan Fire came 7 days ago, so Kantharos likely worked this morning as well. Will update later if needed.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2010

Omniscient beat Cool Coal Man two Saturdays ago at Monmouth on the undercard of Haskell day.
    edited August 2010
    No work for Kantharos today. Probably tomorrow.
    edited August 2010
    No work for Kantharos today. Probably tomorrow.

Asmussen also worked a pair of 2-year-old colts for upcoming stakes engagements. Kantharos, the Bashford Manor winner, went four furlongs in 49.16 seconds in company with the maiden Medal Round. Kantharos is pointing to the Saratoga Special on Aug. 16.
    edited August 2010
    When/where was that? Kantharos was not listed on today's Saratoga worktab, at least as of the time I posted that. If it happened yesterday, it wasn't showing up in the workout search feature.

If true, keep your eye on Medal Round, obviously.
    edited August 2010
    When/where was that? Kantharos was not listed on today's Saratoga worktab, at least as of the time I posted that. If it happened yesterday, it wasn't showing up in the workout search feature.

If true, keep your eye on Medal Round, obviously.

Found it at the bottom of the Rachel article on DRF this morning.

fb
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Kantharos worked out last week he should have another coming up

Horse Message
    Horse name Kantharos
    Notes best 2yr old racing, very impressive running style very fast
    Activity type Workout
    Activity date 08-02-2010
    Track Saratoga
    Surface Dirt training
    Distance 5 Furlongs
    Workout type Handily
    Workout time 1:00.45
    Track condition Fast
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    It's up now. Looks like DRF was late in posting the training track and turf drills, which I guess I failed to notice at the time. Kantharos worked on the training track, and incidentally, he appears to have outworked Medal Round (as you might expect).
    edited August 2010
    It looks as he will be entered in next Monday's Stakes at The Spa.

fb