Two Saturday Plays And Reasons Why

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited July 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Miram(7) offers great value at 6-to-1 in Saturday's 72nd running of the Grade 1 Diana at Saratoga, the ninth race on the card. You have to love the way trainer Chad Brown has managed this four-year-old filly. She made a scintilating last to first run to win the Miss Liberty at Monmouth Park and I simply cannot ignore her performance. Miram was slow to begin from post 9(-1-1/2) and trailed early. Maram was eighth outside one midway on the second turn. Last to the top she staged an absolutly amazing late run. Maram(7) simply makes sense to me and we'll get a fair price.

Speaking of Monmouth Park Jeremy Rose gets a second opportunity to ride Sweet Tune(7) in the eighth race at a mile and a sixteenth on the lawn. She ran a much better than looked second last time with Rose. Sweet Tune was not quick early(-1-1/2). She was pushed outward and bumped(-2) before she reached the first time. Keep in mind my minus numbers are always "consistently conservative" so for me to give her a total of 3-1/2 lengths lost in the opening quarter mile tells you a lot. Sweet Tune trailed early due to the horrible beginning. Rose had her begin her run on the far turn and she was angled outside to the top. She battled it out all the way to the finish. Make note. Since she returned to racing in April at Churchill Downs she has improved each outing.