Trappe Shot video

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Thought you guys might find this useful....he's the #3 horse.

Btw, can anyone explain how he ended up with the "Stumbled Start" comment in the Racing Form? I think someone must have made it up, because it obviously didn't happen.

YouTube - 2010 Long Branch Stakes - Trappe Shot

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    bad call it was the #1 that stumble, not the #3 Trappe Shot, wow he look very good
    after the 1/2mark just setting up for the stretch,Fast and Furious like the movie waiting to press the Noz :yes: button an smoke them.........
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    he kind of broke in a stumble..if you look he looks like he breaks to the left a little....breaks a little flat footed
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    he kind of broke in a stumble..if you look he looks like he breaks to the left a little....breaks a little flat footed

the start wasn't clean but no stumble he looks like he dig in deeper in the dirt as he took of @the start
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I think it's like KP said, they got him confused with Southern Ridge. But even that one didn't really stumble too badly. Pretty inexcusable mistake by the Racing Form, I think it might even affect his price to a tiny degree.

This reminds me of another (much larger) mistake that the Form made in a major race some yeras ago. Not sure i ever told this story here. I was handicaping the Donn many years ago, when Silver Charm was the big favorite. Another California shipper had caught my eye though, a Mandella horse named Puerto Madero. I forget the fractions, but his PP's were showing the last furlong of his last race in 12 seconds flat while going 1 1/8 miles (i think it was 136 and 148). I was like, damn, that's an incredibly strong finish for a race of that distance on the main track. So i'm watching the race on video (no internet, actual VHS tapes, lol) and low and behold, the fractions were totally different. Not just the final furlong, but the entire race. Way off too, something like a full second on the final time if memory serves. I also had the charts, so i went to look at those next. Sure enough, they verified the fractions from the video tape. So here we are, biggest race in the country that weekend, involving the country's marquee horse, and one of the major contenders PP's is fucked up beyond repair. So i took the time to email the Racing Form about it, and even asked them if they might comp me a subscription or something as thanks for finding their error. Not long afterward (next day maybe), i received an email back from none other than Steve Crist, who says to me "We here at the Daily Racing Form are not in the business of compensating our readers". That pissed me off, i felt like emailing him back and saying "I'm not in the business of doing the Racing Form's work for them". Crist then went on to say that if i ever happened to run into him, please introduce myself, and he'll buy me "the adult beverage of my choice". Lol.

The whole thing worked out pretty well for me, as it turned out, because it got me looking very hard at Puerto Madero, and even though he didn't finish quite as well as it was showing in the Form, he did look awfully good on the replay. I backed him in the Donn that day, and he won @ 4/1. And guess what? The next time he ran, sure enough, his PP's had been changed to reflect my finding. Those bastards, lol.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Very generous exacta @ $17.20

Hard to believe it payed that much with Lookin at Lucky @ 6/5 and Trappe Shot @ 5/2