Haskell Invitational S. (G1)

KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
STAKES. 1 1/8 Mile Dirt. Purse $1,000,000. Izod Haskell Invitational S. (Grade 1). FOR THREE-YEAR-OLDS. By invitation only, with no nomination, entry or starting fees. The winning owner to receive $600,000, $200,000 to second, $100,000 to third, $60,000 to fourth, $30,000 to fifth and $10,000 to sixth through last. Weight: 122 lbs. Non-winners of a Triple Crown race allowed 2 lbs.; Non-winners of a Grade I Stake at a mile or over in 2010, 4 lbs. The owner of the winner to receive a trophy. (05:43 PM) (8)

Tuff race wow wow wow

i see is the race of the day @ drf, PP's

my pick is between Looking at Lucky an Trappe Shot i'm gonna study the race an brb with my pick

:cool2:

Mikenyce i'll make the contest picks here $20.00 Total.
how much time do i have before you make the bets.

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Thank You for the Contest an prize Mikenyce & DC
    OK After Further Review These Are MY PICKS :toast:

=============================
    # 8 Trappe Shot = WP $4
    Total:$ 8

=====================================

$2 Exacta: 8 / 1,4,6,
    Total: $6

#8 Trappe Shot /#1 Lookin At Lucky,#4 First Dude,#6 Super Saver,
    ==========================================

$1 Trifecta: 1,8 / 1,8 / ,3,4,6,
    Total: $6
    edited August 2010
    oppps sorry wrong race but i'm playing these picks anyways

1st Place : Choice of $20 wagers on the upcoming Travers Stakes or weekend subscription to Discreet Cat's Service for opening weekend @ Saratoga/Del Mar.
    edited August 2010
    wow what a race ohh, Lookin @Lucky is very strong but Trappe Shot is coming along

I like them Both

12TH RACE

Izod Haskell Invitational S. (G1)

Off: 5:44 | 1 1/8 Miles | 3 Year Olds | Stakes | Purse:

# Horse Jockey Weight Win Place Show
    1 Lookin At Lucky Garcia M 122 4.40 3.00 2.40
    8 Trappe Shot Garcia Alan 118 3.40 2.60
    4 First Dude Dominguez R A 118 3.00
    Finish Time: 1:49.83

Scratched: Uptowncharlybrown

Also ran: Super Saver, Afleet Again, Ice Box and Our Dark Knight

Winning Trainer: Baffert Bob - Owner: Watson, Karl, Pegram, Michael E. and Weitman, Paul

$2 Exacta (1-8) Paid $17.20

$1 Trifecta (1-8-4) Paid $29.20

$1 Superfecta (1-8-4-6) Paid $90.10

$1 Pick 3 (8-6-1) 3 Correct Paid $19.10 Pick 3 Pool $120,513

$2 Daily Double (6-1) Paid $11.80 Daily Double Pool $116,150
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I thought i handicapped it pretty well, but i was kind of in shock watching the race when Trappe Shot somehow wound up racing inside of Lookin at Lucky on the backstretch. That slowish break really cost him. Not sure it would've made adifference in the result, but i really expected Trappe Shot to be laying outside (where Lookin at Lucky was) while racing reasonably close to the pace. He ended up boxed inside with Lookin at Lucky having the jump on him, pretty much the exact opposite of what i expected. Funny how these things play out sometimes.
    edited August 2010
    He ended up boxed inside with Lookin at Lucky having the jump on him, pretty much the exact opposite of what i expected. Funny how these things play out sometimes.

wow your so on the money with this, he had to slow down while picking up speed.. :sweatdrop:

Lookin @ lucky is a tuff Horse :yes:
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    top 2 are the best in the division...lucky was wow today...hats off to baffert and garcia
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    KP-HR2k9 wrote: »
    oppps sorry wrong race but i'm playing these picks anyways

1st Place : Choice of $20 wagers on the upcoming Travers Stakes or weekend subscription to Discreet Cat's Service for opening weekend @ Saratoga/Del Mar.

JESUS scared the shit out of me. lol If I would of known earlier in the day you wanted this race I would of went and played it for you. Just let me know the night before the Travers what your plays will be. either by posting on here or email Thanks
    edited August 2010
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    JESUS scared the shit out of me. lol If I would of known earlier in the day you wanted this race I would of went and played it for you. Just let me know the night before the Travers what your plays will be. either by posting on here or email Thanks

SORRY IT WAS MY FAULT, I CONFUSE THE TRAVERS WITH THE HASKELL

opps caps button gets stuck, thats why i copy the prize to show i made a mistake with the races
    i was thinking about Trappe Shot alot..... :cool2: