SPA 9th 2yo turf 11/6

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
The 9th at Saratoga is a turf race for 2yo going 11/6. Good race to see if these pricey babies will appreciate stretching out. # 4 FORUM raced at CD Derby week after posting a bullet at Keeneland from the gate. He broke ok but started looking around, not a factor until the 1/16 pole in a 4 1/2 f race, when he woke-up a came with a charge, but too little too late. Since then, Weaver has put him through a series of very good works, some on the turf tr track. Granted, his pedigree does not shout out for grass(Roman Ruler/Fu Peg) but the idea was to not race him again until we got a race with some meaningful distance. The furthest you can get right now on dirt at Saratoga is 6F. Javier Castellano has been advised to keep him interested early and to not let him get to far behind early. If he can keep him in the race early, Forum should come rolling late, at 8-1 ml. Disclaimer, be advised that I am a partner in this colt and my heart is stronger than my brain, not a good situation for serious horse players. Nevertheless, wish me luck as I really could use part of the $51,000.00 purse money.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Good luck today, John. Thanks for posting...
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    good luck i ll use him
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Good Luck John- Actually had him in my pick 4 before seeing this.. Hope I dont jinx you.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Good Luck John...the Daddy Was Nice On The Turf...roman Ruler...especially Short Runs...i'll Be Looking For This One Especially 7 Furlongs Or Shorter
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    GOOD LUCK , i'm gonna use him with my other picks i just read abit about #4 FORUM an
    his work out was the best among those in the race with the same distance
    jockey an trainer done good also so i'ma going with him...

thank you for the heads up. :toast:
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Ran a Heck of a race, bet down to 7/2...and lost by a whisker...Best of Luck in the future with this horse.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Nice pick I used him with the #2 Nolangrant'sKitten in this race. Was very high on Nolangrantskitten today. Was very rank in the beginning and was running very green at the end all over the place.