Exhi

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Heads-up on the 3yo Pletcher colt Exhi, who was last seen winning a 1 1/8-mile stakes up at Woodbine. He worked a heads-up bullet (58.97) with Quality Road on July 26 @ Saratoga.

Comments

• jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    8th (5:40) West Virginia Derby (G2)

1 1/8 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $750,000

1 Nacho Friend Bravo J 112 LA
    2 Thiskyhasnolimit Bridgmohan S X 112 LA
    3 Skipshot Rosario J 120 LA
    4 Not Abroad Hernandez B J Jr 112 LA
    5 Exhi Albarado R J 120 LA
    6 Gunfighter Pennington F 114 LA
    7 Concord Point Garcia M 118 L
    8 Shookstown Road Whitacre G 112 L
    9 Toh's Grey Cat Feliciano R 112 LA
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Thanks, i hadn't seen that yet. Tough assignment facing Concord Point, as good as that one looked last time. Winslow Homer certainly flattered his effort, too.

Skipshot just beat Sidney's Candy, of course.

Nacho Friend ran a strong second behind Trappe Shot last time out.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I dislike horses coming off of a race at Woodbine. Im going to go with Nacho Friend. When is this race Sat or Sunday
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Saturday at Mountaneer Park.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    We'll be getting an excellent price with this one, cause he hasn't won the dirt. Who cares about that angle after working out heads up with the best Horse inthe country @ Saratoga. (When I last checked it's a dirt track) All in all it's a tough race. Where do you guys think will be the next start for the good performers?
  • BigwoodyBigwoody Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Can't like zSkipshot,never on dirt this year
    edited August 2010
    Check out this quote from Pletcher in today's Racing Form regarding Quality Road:

"The way he’s trained leading up to this indicates to me that he’s even fitter and better than he was going into the Met. His works coming into this have just been unbelievable to watch. The way he’s trained is as good as a horse can train.”

Makes you wonder how good Exhi looked in that recent drill...
  • BigwoodyBigwoody Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Beware the Baffert horse,lots of publicity. Lat year "Find The Mine was drug in, didn't even warm up. Mike Smith walked him to gate,struggled to Run third in a five horse field. 23 to 1 shot won race,Allowance from deleware ran second.
    edited August 2010
    Nice run by Exhi today @ 5/1. He just couldn't quite run down the loose-on-the-lead Concord Point.

Big run by that one, too. I wonder if Baffert is tempted to run him back in the Travers?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    would be a nice spot since lucky isnt going...
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    i really hope lookin at lucky goes to the pa derby im only bout a half hour from philly park