Stormandaprayer in Race 3 today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I gave this filly out @ 17/1 in her last start, the Grade 1 Prioress. I felt confident she was the quickest filly in the race, and she had been able to finish much stronger in her first race since returning as a 3yo. Today she drops in class and has drawn the rail, and although this race is chock-full of speed, it might actually work to her advantage, as the others (aside from the 5/2 favorite Funny Feeling) have virtually no experience in racing off the pace, and they will almost certainly be looking at Stormandaprayer's rear end here.

I actually did NOT give this filly out on my site today, because obviously it would be preferable if the track is playing well to speed (or is at least fair), and with all the rain they took yesterday and the forecast calling for sunny skies today, i'm afraid the track may be in drying-out mode today, especially early on the card. Something we'll have to keep an eye on in the first couple of races.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Quite an effort by the Finger Lakes invader Lisa's Booby Trap. 12/1 on the morning line, I think she opened up @ 3/5, and ended up going off @ 8/5. Won easily after rallying from behind the scorching early pace. Very distinctive stride, and she's looks like she's got some definite quality. Undefeated from 4 starts now, keep an eye on her...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    tvg had the story on her prior to scratching out of the race that dmc just won...very good story and horse who only cost like 3 or 4 grand.....wondering where they are going to go next...trainer/ owner turned down 500k after her 3rd win..
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Email

Barbara D. Livingston
    Lisa's Booby Trap wins the Loudonville Stakes at Saratoga by six lengths on Friday. SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – Timothy Snyder and his one-horse road show brought down the house Friday at Saratoga.

Lisa’s Booby Trap, the only horse in Snyder’s stable, rallied from last under Kent Desormeaux to dominate the $70,000 Loudonville Stakes by six lengths over Nonna Mia. Snyder had purchased Lisa’s Booby Trap privately during the winter for $4,500 from the breeder of the filly who thought she couldn’t run. By comparison, the other four runners in the Loudonville field sold for a combined $900,000 at auction.

“There’s always a chance to win anywhere if you got the right package,” said Snyder, who is the owner and trainer of Lisa’s Bobby Trap. “I had a lot of fans supporting me here, it was really good.”

The support came from the crowd at Saratoga, which read about Snyder and his filly in the local papers. Snyder, with only $2,000 to his name, bought the Florida-bred daughter of Drewman for $4,500 and told the breeder that he would give him the rest of the money after she won a race. Snyder named the filly after his wife, Lisa, who in 2003 died of ovarian cancer, as well as a gentlemen’s club that he frequented in Florida.

Snyder believes his wife’s presence exists in Lisa’s Booby Trap, who won her first three races by a combined 36 1/2 lengths at Finger Lakes.

“I was thinking of her all day,” Snyder said of his wife.

Prior to the Loudonville, Snyder had been offered as much as $500,000 for Lisa’s Booby Trap, but he refused to sell. He remains firm in that stance.

“I just couldn’t sell her, never happen,” Snyder said.

After winning her first three starts on the lead, Lisa’s Booby Trap was last and wide early under Kent Desormeaux before launching a four-wide bid on the turn in the Loudonville. She took control outside the eighth pole and bounded home the easiest of winners in 1:09.64 for six furlongs. She returned $5 as the favorite.

Asked to describe his emotions after the race, Snyder said, “I can’t. I never had them like this. I’m shaking inside.”

Snyder and his $4,500 horse will remain in Saratoga and point to the Grade 3, $100,000 Victory Ride at six furlongs on dirt on Aug. 28 or the Grade 2, $150,000 Lake Placid Stakes at 1 1/8 miles on the turf on Aug. 22.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    Snyder and his $4,500 horse will remain in Saratoga and point to the Grade 3, $100,000 Victory Ride at six furlongs on dirt on Aug. 28 or the Grade 2, $150,000 Lake Placid Stakes at 1 1/8 miles on the turf on Aug. 22.

Versatile filly to say the least. She even showed versatility in her running style today...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I had posted her yesterday for wps if 8-1 or better. still happy i called in the bet early morning but it looks like everyone else was on her too.