Finally The Stews Action Got Posted At Spa On Friday

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Charlie Fay called to say he loves the fact they are posting why the stewards ruled the way they do. Following the fifth Friday at Saratoga there was an inquiry. Pelican Lake had come out sharply, slamming into She Wears The Best. The latter was forced far out. Pelican Lake came on to win the race by more than a length. After reviewing the incident, which was a significant one, the stewards did the right thing because She Wears the Best was not going to finish any better than fourth.

Now all we need to do is to get these racetracks to have the stewards' names posted on the tote board and how they voted when an incident takes place. We know who makes the call in every sport except horse racing. I've been calling for this sort of thing to be posted for eons. Let the public know how and when a steward consistently fails to get it right. Then, if reason rules, that steward should lose his or her job for not acting in a fair manner.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Funny you posted this. I ended up having a winner DQ'd at Del Mar today on what looked like a very questionable call.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Funny you posted this. I ended up having a winner DQ'd at Del Mar today on what looked like a very questionable call.

WOW ME too the 5 an they brought up the 1