Four Plays Saturday August 14

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
2nd Del Mar--(Post 2:30)--Mike Puype has Saint Paul(6) cranked to run large on the class drop. His workout regimen at Hollywood Park is the tipoff. After a solid five furlong work on July 7 he posted back to back 3/4-mile moves. Then he posted a workout of note on July 27. He was clocked in 1:24 3/5. Bejarano takes the call. I think he'll deliver with today's realistic placement. This is a multi unit win play if we get anything close to his morning line price of 7-2.

5th Santa Rosa--(Post 2:47)--Tiz Afire(2) toyed with rivals and was re-claimed last time out by Andy Mathis. Steadied early(-1) the 9-year-old gelding pulled his rider into fourth in the early going. Third to the far turn Tiz Afire swept into the lead on the turn and got separation to the top. Mathis jumps Tiz Afire(2) up several levels. I like him to win again as he races on the lawn.

5th Del Mar--(Post 4 p.m)--There's a reason Titus Auerelius(9) ran the best race of his career to graduate last time. He was making his second start as a gelding. O'Neill brings him back at the realistic $12,500 claiming level and he's drawn outside the foes he has to beat. Make a flat play on Titus Aurelius(9).

9th Santa Rosa--(Post 4:50)--Steve Specht has a nice two-year-old Cal-bred in Luckarack(3)
I really liked his trying and reaching style when facing winners for the first time. Luckarack will like the added half-furlong distance and we're assured of getting a fair price with Hollandorfer sending out Kingsford Drive. Last time out Luckarack got away alertly from post one. Alvarado allowed him to settle out fifth(-1-1/2). He made a good run into the turn to be third to the top. Luckarack was angled outside. He reeled in the leader and drew out late.