Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    was that not a awesome and breathe taken performance.....love to see the bsf....
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Hounded through an insane pace, Sidney’s Candy and kamikaze speedball Macias went head-and-head and opened up 16 lengths, a scorching half-mile in 45.81 seconds.

Macias gave up passing the three-eighths, and was so tired after the race that he was vanned off due to exhaustion.
    edited August 2010
    The most impressive performance I have seen this year in any race. It gave me chills!!!!

fb
    edited August 2010
    i was just like wow....i was so sure he was going to back up but he just kept going...also heard that goldikova lost today...not sure if thats true...
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    i was just like wow....i was so sure he was going to back up but he just kept going...also heard that goldikova lost today...not sure if thats true...

yup she lost
    Sidney’s Candy will eat her up :eating: the funny thing is that the jockey didn't ask Sidney’s Candy to run if he pushes her wow another secretariat in the making
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    rayphil wrote: »
    was that not a awesome and breathe taken performance.....love to see the bsf....

I just saw that Sidney's Candy received a 102 Beyer. You have got to be kidding me. Just goes to show you how much those things are worth (for about the millionth time).
    edited August 2010
    wow...are u serious....breaks a track record in a freakis performance and he gets that...what a joke
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    DC im not buying Sidney's Candy yet,great bet against in the BC Mile.
    edited October 2010
    I heard he has trained like a BEAST from that last race. Expect a good performance not a great performance since we are only 4 weeks out to the BC Mile.

fb
    edited May 2011
    Well well, Sidney's Candy back on grass today. Should be really fun to watch, though i can't imagine he'll be playable.

Take a look at the similarities here. Last summer, he came off a layoff on the main track @ Hollywood, set a moderate pace, but then tired late to finish second. He then switched to grass for a one-mile turf race, and BOOM! Nearly the exact same scenario here. He faces a much tougher field in this race than he did in the LaJolla last year, but if he can somehow repeat that effort today, he wins, obviously. It'll also be interesting to see how far clear he can get, as he'll be chased today by the speedy geldings Liberian Freighter and Ryehill Dreamer.

Another huge effort today? What do you guys think?
    edited May 2011
    Pretty big effort by Sidney's Candy today, as expected. He got nosed on the wire by Ryehill Dreamer, but he left his pace challenger Liberian Freighter in the dust, and kept right on going to the wire in very fast time. Great race.