Betting Angle On E Z Led In Del Mar 4th August 18

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
4th Del Mar--(Post 3:30)--American Wildcat figures to be sent postward as the betting favorite. Real Heart, like morning line favorite American Wildcat, is also taking the biggest drop in racing. Both are dropping out of maiden special weight races and being offered for $62,500. I'm recommending a play on newly gelded E Z Led(5) who opens at 7-to-2. Trainer Adam Kitchingman obviously likes E Z Led because he's up a level from maiden $40K to maiden $62.5K.

E Z Led escapes the rail where he made his debut up the road at Hollywood Park. Martin Pedroza, who's basically a right-handed rider, stays with Real Heart for the stronger connections of Jerry Hollandorfer. More on that angle in a moment.

E Z Led was slow to begin from the fence. He actually tossed his head up 50 yards away from the gate when tentative and close to the inner railing. He was moved out four lanes away from the fence.. E Z Led was fifth on the inside heading into the stretch.

Joel Rosario's left-handed whip prowess could bring about marked improvement from the new gelding. When Rosario began drawing attention over a year ago, his former agent Vince DeGregory was on his case constantly. He was moving at the wrong time and had the whip in his right hand when passing rivals. DeGregory harped on Rosario to have the stick in his left hand-particularly in crunch time. Watch him on any day now. He's applying the lessons his former agent taught him and winning races in bunches.

I'm betting Rosario's left-handed sick gets more run out of E Z Led. The pace should be quick. Here's why. When Pedroza rode Real Heart the first time he had to cover the opening fraction in around 22 flat. Real Heart was bumped hard and inward into another foe at the start. He recovered and skirted from 10th up to vie for the lead before reaching the turn. When eventual winner McKenzies Way kicked awy late Real Heart made a big fade.

American Wildcat has been bet down to the favorite in all three starts. Maybe the move to Poly will make a difference, but I'm playing E Z Led(5). His improved drill August 13 may be a direct result of having been gelded. One last angle. The second and seventh place finishers in E Z Led's debut race returned to win their next starts.