Del Mar Race 6 Selection Inside

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
This 5 furlong stakes race on the weeds at Del Mar is very interesting to me. We have the champ in here coming off a layoff and an up and comer in My Summer Slew that the clocers are raving about his last work and he is coming into his career best race ever. Then there is Cost of Freedom from the Sadler barn. I think Cost of Freedom is a major play today and if he wins this race as Sadler envisions he will be keep on the green for the BC 5 furlong race at Churchill as he don't want to face Majesticperfection on the main at Churchill.

Cost of Freedom - w/p

Cost of Freedom exacta with My Summer Slew - reverse for less

gl, fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    I was looking at Cost of Freedom here myself, mostly because his bad race last time was caused by a very bad hop at the starting gate that cost him several lengths (and his customary early lead). I thought perhaps he might offer somne value here basded on that. The more i thought about it though, i wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of an early speed duel with California Flag, even with Cost of Freedom being on the outside. I also wasn't happy with the 2/1 morning line. I expect him to run well, but at the price, i think he's a bit dicey under the circumstances. I think he'll have a real battle on his hands here.