4 Suggested Plays For August 21st

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
5th Saratoga--(Post 12:05)--Keep Me Informed(8) is nicely spotted coming off his maiden win. Bill Mott gave this colt plenty of time to recoup. When he broke his maiden Garrett Gomez rode the hide off Keep Me Informed the final eighth of a mile. I believe it was with purpose. Make note Mott merely breezed Keep Me Informed since his graduation run.

Keep Me Informed was always wide when racing in the slop last time. Wide in the opening stages(-1) in fourth he continued wide down the backstretch(-1-1/2). Third and three-wide(-1) on the far turn Gomez waited until his colt was midway through the stretch. He was ridden hard late. Usually when you see this sort of thing you might look for a "bounce." The fact Mott gave Keep Me Informed(8) plenty of time and merely breezed him should result in a positive first effort trying winners.

9th Saratoga--(Post 2:14)--I'm suggesting a play on Mystic Fever(8). The three-year-old gelding comes off the best race of his career. I like his improvement pattern and the realistic placement at the $25,000 claiming level. Mystic Fever "was tons best" when breaking his maiden. He broke outward bumping a rival. Fifth to begin the run down the backstretch he began a big run midway on the far turn. Mystic Fever was angled out far wide losing at least 2 lengths. Mystic Fever had to clear the lugging out leader. He won clear.

11th Monmouth--(Post 2:43)--Gone Astray(6) could not have been more impressive winning last time. He won despite a snail's pace(50 to the half and 1:14 to the three-quarters). Gone Astray swooped three-wide to lead into the stretch. I loved his full stride late. Redding Colliery and I Want Revenge will take the bulk of the action. That's why I'm playing Gone Astray(6) who is 4-1 on the opening line. He may be a bigger price at post time.

5th Del Mar--(Post 4:00)--The current Del Mar meet is proving to be anamoly on the main Poly surface to many good handicappers. I recommend playing this one-mile turf for fillies. On review of her first two races I believe Prussian River(7) is much more talented than her record might suggest. Key her in the exotics with Jax El(1) and Lilly's Perfect(5). 7 with 1 & 5.

Prussian River got pushed inward after the break when making her debut. That beginning left her in the second flight of a 12 horse field. To make things worse Prussian River then got backed up several positions by a troubled foe into the turn. Well back to the top of the stretch she was angled inside in crunch time. She finished gaining. It was a debut race which saw some talented fillies finish in front of her.

Trainer Mike Mitchell saddled Prussian River for the first time on August 6th at Del Mar. She was away straight and true from the rail and forced to eat the spray tracking rivals down the backstretch. Prussian River was third with a gap into the turn. The head-on view of the stretch run shows that Bejarano did not beat on her while finishing third. Sometimes riders realize hammering on a mount is not the thing to do. It was Prussian River's first start since January at the Fairgrounds. She's worked like a router. She's bred for turf. Prussian River(7) should like today's assignment--two turns on the Del Mar turf course.

Jax El(1) is the "value" at 5-1. She had a horrible trip last time. She settled out eighth in the early going. Jax El then steadied a bit and became rammy. Fourth inside one movingto the top, Nakatani had to wait for a running lane and she was checked again, losing any chance.

The 6-to-1 morningline on Lilly's Perfect(5) is surprising. I have her the second choice on my line. Lilly's Perfect didn't experience the same abount of trouble as Jax El but she also did not have a clean trip. After a so-so start Lilly's Perfect got rattled around between foes in the opening 60 yards. As a result Lilly's Perfect got rank. Even in crunch time she was floated inward. She did not appear to be comfortable having to race near the inside fence. If she gets a cleaner trip Saturday she could win it all.

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    keep up the good work, the winners will come. you know your shit warren i was on keep me informed and thunder perfect and am still amazed that neither fired