Del Mar plays 8/21

zaxtheaxzaxtheax Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Just thought I'd share my thoughts on today's Del Mar card, along with some of the plays I'll be using.

PPALL- 1,5/1,4/2,3/2,7/3,7/1/7,8/6/3,6/2 ($128)

LATE PK 4- 4,7,8/3,4,6/3,4,6,7,9/2,4,6 ($135) (no m/l favorite or second choice in first leg of late pk 4both one paced in a race that has 3 pretty solid speed runners)

$2 PK 3 races 4,5,6
2,7/3,5,7/1,2,3 ($36)

Race 4 $5 EX 2,7/2,3,7 ($20)

Race 8 $1 TRI 4,6/3,4,6/3,4,5,6,7 ($18)

I love the #2 horse in race 4. Never, a Baffert/Garcia closer who is very sharp and on the improve. Like everything I see. Not sure he beats the 7 but a great value play at 8/1 m/l. only question mark is that he hasn't tried the del mar synth yet.

If you're looking for a SUPER EXOTIC play of the day, there is an also eligible in the 10th race. #14, Le Defi a first timer who has a work pattern that I love. 20/1 morning line, will get off at closer to 30/1 (assuming she runs), is my guess.

Couple of other horses that I have strong interest in today.

The #1 in race 6. Sorta wish he wasn't part of an entry because the price may end up pretty short. Both parts of the entry have a big shot to win, but I think the firster Jaycito, runs big.

The 9th race of the day is WIDE open. Two horses that have big chances at nice price in that race are the #7, It Tiz, with Flores on the grass at 1 1/8 miles. She is still learning how to race but she may figure it out today. A lot of positives on her, as well as the #9, Crisp, a Bejarano/Sadler who has yet to find her ceiling. Both of these horses should appreciate the extra distance. It wouldn't shock me if they pair up for a very nice exacta.

In the finale, there is a horse that is 10/1 morning line, who I view as a girl who will improve A LOT. #4, Junes Blue Moon. Not sure if she can run down the #2, Carrie Rose, but she will be trying late I think.

In race 5, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the #5, Lilly's Perfect, wins at a nice price. 6/1 morning line. It's only her 3rd lifetime effort and she has ability, and Victor is aboard. Just couldn't quite use her in the ppall, because I have a hunch that the #3, Charm the Crowd, a Solis/Mandella entry, could be a beast with a BIG late kick. The favorite is the #7, Russian River, a Bejarano/Mitchell entry and if she takes to the grass she could win for fun.

In race 7 my top two choices are the #7, Nima's Pad, a Pedroza/Koriner gelding who is honest but never wins. I just think he fits in here. 3 seconds and a third in his last 4 efforts. You know you'll get a good ride from Pedroza as well. An interesting horse in here as well is the #8, Easy on the Eye, an Aussie import under Steve Knapp, ridden by Bryce Blanc. He has been gelded as well and is trying 2 turns for the first time. Posted Beyers of 89 and 87 at Del Mar 2 years back but only over 5 furlongs. Showed some close last time out over 6 furlongs at Hollywood but still not completely sold on his ability to route. Knapp has been beyond cold as ice which also isn't too encouraging. How about 0 for 26, with 0 places and just 2 show efforts. Yikes. Was gonna use the #4, Warren's Attack Cat, over the 8 in the ppall but decided against. He does get P.Val and a hot Gutierrez barn, but is 4 1/2 months off the shelf, and by the work pattern, I think he needs one.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Nice first post, welcome aboard!
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to Horse Racing Talk, good luck on your picks
    see you around the forum an enjoy the stay :cool2: