Del Mar Plays 8/22

zaxtheaxzaxtheax Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
RACE 1- $10 EX BOX 3/4 ($20)

I'm very keen on the #4 Sarah's Secret. It appears that the fractions in this race are going to be very hot. Of the four first timers running in this event, she seems on paper,to possess the most staying power. It does look like the #1 has a lot of ability, but I envision the 1,2 and 6 locking horns up front, with the 3 and 4 picking up the pieces late. While the #3 didn't run all that well in her debut, you have to take stock in the fact that she has got a race under her belt.

RACE 3- $3 Trifecta
2,3/2,3,8/2,3,5,8 ($24)

While the #3, Fortunate Appeal certainly appears to be the class of the field, the #2 Scorsese has the look of one that will greatly appreciate the 7 furlong trip. He ran a fast closing 4th in his debut over 5 1/2 furlongs on August 4th. With every right to improve on his first effort, if he can stay within shouting distance over the first half-mile, look for him to be barreling late and possibly reel them all in.

RACE 7- $2 Trifecta
7/4,8/2,3,4,5,6,8,10 ($24)
$20 W/P/S #7 ($60)

9/2 Morning line #7 Shane Daniel is my favorite value play today. I loved the work pattern leading up to this gray gelding's debut, where he ran a very game closing second. A little added distance certainly wouldn't hurt his chances, but in once again trying a 5 1/2 furlong trip, the jockey switch to Patrick Valenzuela should prove very advantageous. He's an aggressive rider, and the key to this horse's success today should be whether or not he breaks well from the gate. It also doesn't hurt that he's running out of the scorching hot Doug O'neill barn who's winning at a fantastic 28 percent clip over the meet, and hitting the board at a ridiculous 60 percent over 80 entries.

LATE PK 4- ALL/7/1,4,5,6,8/1,2 ($70)

In Race 6, the #6 SeeuatSicknstein will probably get off at close to 8/5, but he's had his fair share of hiccups in the past. While the switch back to the synthetic certainly helps his chances, in a very contentious race, I'm looking to connect at a price.

Keying Shane Daniel in the 7th, (see above)

In Race 8, the #1 U R All That I Am looks the class of the field, but didn't appear to love the Del Mar Grass. My top choice is the #5 Ruffled Feathers, a sharp filly out of the Paddy Gallagher barn, who gets Victor Espinoza aboard today. There doesn't appear to be much pace in here with the exception of the #3 My Maloof Rocker, and the #4 You Lift Me Up. If the #3 does try to wing up front and gets a few horses to press the tempo, then the #6 Bran Jammas has a legitimate shot to win at a 6/1 m/l price.

In race 9, I am favoring the #2 Royal Import. He is a fairly honest horse and appears capable of handling these, but today the #1 Uncle Greg may find his friends. I am slightly concerned about the #9, Anga who does possess some late running ability.

GOOD LUCK!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Nice call on Shane Daniel, he almost got there.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    man u would be sittin pretty if sd couldve held on
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    current pik 4 prices

1 paying 4083
    2 paying 3374 for 1 dollar now it would be about half if the 7 wouldve won but still wouldve been really nice 2 be live
  • zaxtheaxzaxtheax Junior Member
    edited August 2010
    Alas, what could have been. A neck away from cashing a pick 4 that would have returned around 2 dimes. We'll try again on Wednesday