Delaware Park Monday Race 7

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Kick-start the week with a chance for a winner. Delaware Park Race 7 going 1 1/16 on turf with 30k claimers needing a paycheck. #4, Storm Chart, is a very expensive 3yo colt who has found a level he should dominate. Should rate behind the early speed and come running late for top honors. The #5 and #9 should be early and one or both may hold on for minor awards, and the #9 could hit the board with a cleaner trip. The play, #4 to win, and key over the 5-9-12 in the exotics. Good Luck to all!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Meant to say the 5 and 12 should be early, with the 9 needing a cleaner trip. # 12 has new trainer, Peter Walder, who by name alone should move this horse up. However, don't expect #4 Storm Chart to go off at ml of 7/2, as 2-1 is much more likely.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Looks like Race 7 is off the turf. Do you still like the 4 on dirt?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Jerman: Sorry I did not respond yesterday, got tied up with work. Had I known the race was off the turf I would have not changed my pick, and unfortunately, I did not. My top pick just left himself with way too much to do as the early speed held on the dirt, but he put in a nice rally to finish 3rd. Such is life. Better days ahead!