Woodbine Saturday-Summer Stakes GIII

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Strange ml for this" win and your in stakes race." How the hell can Forum not be the fav based on his last 2 efforts. I suspect the odds maker in Canada just figured the Pletcher/Gomez horse "Pluck" would get the play along with the local horse #5 "Stormy Rush". On paper, Forum is damned near a standout, and the fact that Weaver and Javier Castellano both go for this event says alot. Inside info is that Forum is kicking down the stall in the a.m. and can't wait to get on the track and run. Should get a easy trip down the long grass backside at Woodbine and be ready to fire at the early speed at about the 1/8 pole. Any similar efforts to his last should be enough to handle these. I'm leaving in a few minutes for Canada and will attempt to post any good info I can pick-up on tomorrow's post. BTW, my other horse (NAG) Glackety, runs tomorrow at Belmont, trying grass and distance for the first time. Quite frankly, we don't know what to expect, but the ml of 20-1 seems about right. Good Luck to all!

Comments

• randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks For All Your Help, Very Nice Of You To Post For All Of Us
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Nice, looking forward to it!
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Strange ml for this" win and your in stakes race." How the hell can Forum not be the fav based on his last 2 efforts. I suspect the odds maker in Canada just figured the Pletcher/Gomez horse "Pluck" would get the play along with the local horse #5 "Stormy Rush". On paper, Forum is damned near a standout, and the fact that Weaver and Javier Castellano both go for this event says alot. Inside info is that Forum is kicking down the stall in the a.m. and can't wait to get on the track and run. Should get a easy trip down the long grass backside at Woodbine and be ready to fire at the early speed at about the 1/8 pole. Any similar efforts to his last should be enough to handle these. I'm leaving in a few minutes for Canada and will attempt to post any good info I can pick-up on tomorrow's post. BTW, my other horse (NAG) Glackety, runs tomorrow at Belmont, trying grass and distance for the first time. Quite frankly, we don't know what to expect, but the ml of 20-1 seems about right. Good Luck to all!

thanks for the Head-up On Forum :toast: i'll check out the race
    have a nice trip to Canada, talk you around the Forum's :cool2:
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Pletcher/Gomez horse "Pluck" would get the play along with the local horse #5 "Stormy Rush
    wow i don't like of them in the race wow
    Forum looks like a nice overlay an i like the #1 Rockin Heat an #7 Ronin Dax coming from Delmar
    when these 3 come is should pay nice.. thee are my pick

9th Race - Woodbine - Saturday, September 18th, 2010
    STAKES. 1 Mile Turf. Purse $250,000. Summer S. Presented by TVG (Grade 3). FOR TWO-YEAR-OLDS. (05:09 PM) (8)

#8 Forum- WPS

ex-box
    # 8 Forum
    #1 Rockin Heat
    #7 Ronin Dax

i have Saratoga/Woodbine/Delmar runners in the mix
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    John, you may know this already, but your Glackety race is off the turf.

Agreed on Forum, he looks tough here.