Fairplex play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Fairplex - Race 11

#6 Triumphant Flight* (12/1 ml)

Several things to like about this longshot. First off, he's the only horse in the main body of the field who owns a win @ Fairplex, having won the Barrett's Juvenile here a couple of years ago. He's also run well around two turns, which, despite being a 6.5-furlong sprint, applies here. Generally races on-or-near the lead, and there's a good bit of speed lined up here, but he did race effectively from off the pace in his return race this year, finishing just a length behind the hard-knocking return winner A Lil Dumaani (who would probably deserve to be favored in this race). I think his course and two-turn experience will serve him well in this race, and he appears to have enough speed so that he shouldn't lose touch with the leaders early. He also figures to show more "oomph" in the lane today than he did vs. A Lil Dumaani while coming off the year-long layoff, especially with the semi-recent route race under his belt. Hasn't missed a beat in his training since that route race @ Del Mar, which leads me to believe he's been specifically pointed to a start at this meet, because he easily could've raced again @ Del Mar had Kruljac so chosen. Also note that he worked a bullet @ Fairplex upon his arrival last week. He'll be ridden today by Jose Reyes Santiago, who is hitting a respectable 10% at the meet, but has run first-or-second in a whopping 40% of his starts here (totaling almost 50). Looks like he has a definite idea of what he's doing out there. Think this horse is a legit contender at a big price.
HRT record:

71 for 265 (27%)

$602.40 mutuels ($8.48 avg)

Comments

• InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I been looking at him all day looks like a good shot that last turf race put him where he needs to be, he's one of 2 horses that has ran a race here, just looked at the odds he's 5/2 that figures.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    will box 6 with the # 9

daily doubles.....9/5 and 9/8
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    silver stenson man finally gets it done...your pick got nailed at the window...dont think it would of been worth a wager at 7-2
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Agreed. I was very disappointed with the price, i expected much larger.