• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    should of happen sooner...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    I think they plain wore her out
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Agreed, i think this announcement was pretty anti-climatic. Hard to believe she was retired the day after a workout without some kind of injury though.

I actually feel kind of bad for her. This filly got a lot of hate from the Zenyatta crowd, and she really didn't deserve it. Did she deserve HOTY last year? I think Zenyatta should've gotten it, obviously, but none of that was Rachel's fault. Nor was the fact that she skipped the Breeders Cup last year (personally i think she was injured at the time). All Rachel did was go out and perform, at an extremely high level. Was she overrated? Maybe a little bit. Not much. Great filly, no question about it. Even this year, when she was getting beat left-and-right, she still ran pretty well. I can't say anything bad about her. Never could...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2010
    agreed, i think the filly was hurt after woodward last year and they tried to hide it...that was prolly the reason they started her in the season so late...I am a huge zenyatta fan but i did respect rachel and that she was a great filly..