Breeders Cup Thoughts and note's...

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
started this thread for us to be able to post all news regarding the breeders cup in here rather then all spread out...maybe some notable works or some depletions....also imo I thought gio ponti looked unbelievable out there going a mile today...he went from being way back to 2 in front in a couple of strides...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Not too surprising. Gio Ponti has always been a very strong grass mile. He beat Ventura in the Kilroe a couple of years ago.

FWIW, i think Sidney's Candy will be a nice overlay in the Mile, thanks in part to the ridiculously low Beyer figure that he got in the LaJolla. The scratch today figures to help in that regard. Tough race though, and it might not help that he missed his prep-race today.
  • Patrick333Patrick333 Junior Member
    edited October 2010
    Rick Porter of FHF said on his website today that he will be entering Havre de Grace in the Ladies Classic and Joyfull Victory in the Fillies Juvenile.
    edited October 2010
    Nice article, thanks.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    from drf
    Twirling Candy will await Strub series

The Breeders’ Cup races will not feature Twirling Candy, trainer John Sadler indicated on Saturday.

Twirling Candy was fourth as the favorite in his stakes debut against older horses in the Goodwood Stakes, and will be pointed for the Strub series for 4-year-olds of 2011 at Santa Anita this winter.

The first leg of the Strub series is the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes over seven furlongs for 3-year-olds on Dec. 26. Twirling Candy has won 4 of 5 starts, including two turf stakes for 3-year-olds at Del Mar – the Oceanside Stakes and Del Mar Derby
    edited October 2010
    Sucks. I had a reasonably large future play on him @ 75/1. I knew after the Goodwood it was a losing bet though...
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    what are you guys thoughts on al khali in the turf all opinions welcomed
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    not a fan of al khali...gotta go with a euro invader with are weak field of turfers...maybe a pamplemousse - twirling candy matchup if the pamplemousse dont run before then...
    edited October 2010
    also richards kid is skipping the classic and shooting for the dubai winter season...didnt see that coming but understand why you dont want to run two horses against zen and with a horse who has loved the synthetic..
    edited October 2010
    does anyone know what the the races start for the cup on the 5th and 6th..
    edited October 2010
    also rip van winkle has been retired....and also lukas is hoping to get mine that bird to the bc mile.....laughing @ lukas..
    edited October 2010
    Glad to hear Rip Van Winkle is out of the Mile. Tough enough having to deal with Goldikova.