Keeneland Friday Race 4- VERY STRANGE RACE

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I have no idea why I'm drawn to these kind of races, but I am.

KEENELAND RACE 4
3yo up going 1 1/8 clm $30k purse $20k

Every stinkin horse in this strange race appears to be coming off major physical problems and extended lay-offs. Now they re-appear and attempt to go long. Go Figure.

#2 ZIEGFELD (3-1) has been through 3 trainers, Romans, Pletcher, and now Howard. At one time ran in graded stakes races but now drops in for $30k claiming. Obvious health problems but could hit the board on back class alone.

#5 KINGOFBLUEGRASS (6-1) was off from Feb to Sept, came back and showed ability to close late against cheaper, then showed little against $50k clm. Now drops into a level where he should close into a tiring bunch of horses.

#7 ELECTR IC ALPHABET (4-1) comes off 4 month break, but been putting in many long workouts in preparation for his return. Could lead this bunch for a long ways.

#4 GRAND REALITY (7/2) Gets rider switch to Leparoux for trainer McPeek, who is gunning for Keeneland Trainer Title. However, this horse looks terribly overmatched against the others and a share of the minor rewards, at best, is all I can vision, and that at an expected short price.

HOLD MY NOSE AND OFFER THIS PLAY:

Ex Box 2-5-7
Tri Play 2/5/7 with 2/5/7 with 2/4/5/7
Super : same as tri w/ 2/4/5/7 at last call.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, WE'LL NEED IT!

Comments

• dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I would not leave the 9 (Stage Succcess) out of your picks!!! Use him in the 2nd and 3 rd slot of your picks!!