Suggested Exotic Key Play In Keeneland 9th

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited October 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
By Warren Eves

Keeneland 9th--Successful Dan, Wise Dan's lanky half-brother, was as impressive as he could be while winning October 9. He's my exotic key play in the featured Fayette.

From post nine he bumped an outside foe lightly(-1/2). Despite his loping style he was still in a second over pressing position early. And.....he was doing it while well in hand.
Successful Dan got the lead to the top. He got separation in the stretch. I liked his strong finish late and he was not being asked for run as he won with his ears pricked. I awarded him a rare two stars for the impressive run.

Key Successful Dan(3) with Stately Victor(1), Mint Chip(6), Dubious Miss(9) and Cherokee Artist(10). The 3 with 1-6-9-10 in the exotics.

Ontario Derby winner Stately Victor(1) is strictly the one to beat as he faces older horses. You had to like the way he dug in when wide and between foes midway on the second turn. He was going huge late.

I’m using the 30-1 shot Mint Chip(6) in the exotics. Two of his three lifetime wins came at Keeneland. His trainer is always dangerous.

Dubious Miss(9) couldn’t have won the Bon Ami any easier than he did. It marked his third win in as many starts at Keeneland.

Cherokee Artist is another 30-1 shot I’m using in the exotics. The six-time winner is better than his last two suggest.

I've been doing a lot of video tape review on the Breeders Cup and talking shop with crack handicapper Don Kieger in Minnesota. I've already got a horse I'm going to key on in one of the major races that will be a huge number. We're going to try and keep it simple this year and keep things affordable for those of you with a small bankroll. So stay tuned.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Nice call on the winner Successful Dan. I was actually on Battle of Hastings here, but he ended up being scratched.