Two Breeders Cup Plays Friday At Churchill Downs

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited November 2010 in Horse Racing Forum

By Warren Eves

Finally the Breeders Cup comes with a betting menu to fit almost any budget. Friday at Churchill Downs they'll offer $1 rolling daily doubles, 50-cent minimum pick threes and 50 cent minimum trifectas. Superfecta wagering is on all races and the minumum is 10 cents. Today they will offer pick four wagering beginning with races three and seven. Pick six wagering remains at $2. Friday's pick six pool is guaranteed at $750,000. In today's eighth race look for Indian Gracey(#1) to be scratched by trainer Jerry Hollandorfer due to a foot problem.

6th Churchill Downs(Juvenile Fillies Turf)—If visual observations mean anything this race will see Winter Memories(7) or Kathmanblu(4) get the money. Make one-way $1 exactas. Key Winter Memories(7) with 2-3-4-8-9-12. I’ll also key Kathmanblu(4) with 2-3-7-8-9-12. Cost of both one-way exactas: $12. Winter Memories(7), James Toner’s wild running grey, could not have been more impressive when she won the Ms Grillo. She simply may be much the best of these fillies. There’s no telling how good she might be. Make note a filly named Silent Joy came out of the Miss Grillo to win closing day at Keeneland. Kathmanblu(4), on the other hand, improved eons when Leparoux replaced Desormeaux last time. Kathmanblu settled in ninth early, advanced six-wide(-2) to the top, took the lead and drew out. And….I loved her strong gallop out. I have respect for Wyomia(8) at 12-1 who won her last two at Woodbine. She has a trying and reaching style that’s easy to like. Tale Untold(2) has run consistent Euro numbers and is first time lasix user. Frank Dettori hops aboard Quiet Oasis(3). She ran her best number at the Curragh last time and will also be racing on bleeder medication for the first time. I’m also using Fancy Point(9). The leggy daughter of Point Given earned respect when she re-broke once she entered the stretch this summer on the Saratoga grass course. Flood Plain(12) is Gosden-trained Euro who has finished ahead of 23 rivals in her only two races.

10th Churchill Downs(Ladies Classic)—Acoma(9) opening at 20-1 is worthy of a play. She can upset the dope. First off you cannot dispute the horse for course angle. She has a great Churchill Downs record. Last time out Acoma was tons the best despite her post 10 when taking the Spinster across town at Keeneland. Four-wide entering the first turn she settled in seventh to make her way down the backstraight. She faces a giant task but she's got a legitimate chance at a huge number.

On Saturday I'll post an extensive analysis of four races, exotic betting approaches, while keeping it "affordable." Let's hope for a safe two days of classic racing.