Perla Wisdom In A Play In Fair Grounds' 3rd

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
By Warren Eves

Michael Stidham is taking a big edge in Thursday's third race at the Fair Grounds with the three-year-old filly Perla Wisdom(8).

To say Stidham has this grizzled veteran puzzled is an understatement. She was nowhere to be found in her last run in an allowance race on Keeneland turf. So now Stidham risks the $160,000 Keeneland purchase for only $25,000.

After two sprints at Arlington Park this summer Perla Wisdom won a maiden $30,000 turf race at Delaware Park in spectacular fashion. If she can reproduce that effor she'll win Thursday.

At Delaware Park on Sept., 8 Perla Wisdom was bet down to 8/5 from a morning line of 9-2. After a clean break she was seventh and wide as the field of 12 made the first sweeping left over a very dry course. A.R. Napravnik waited on the inside turning into the lane. He checked Perla Wisdom mid stretch, then she dove inward at least four lanes where the fence breaks away. Perla Wisdom was not deterred by the tactic. She rallied to win as tons best. The winning margin was only a half length. After the wire she galloped out like a gazelle. She was at least 10 ahead into the clubhouse turn.

Napravnik returns to ride. Make a win play on Perla Wisdom(8). She opens at 7/2. That price seems like a big number if she's okay physically. Key Perla Wisdom(8) with Jim N Peg's Gal(1) and Here Qui Go Again(4) in the exacta. I respect everything trainer Michelle Lovell sends out and she will saddle the last out maiden claiming winner Jim N Peg's Gal(1) who is bred in the pink for the green.

I'm also using Here Qui Go Again(4) off her maiden claiming win over a soft course at Arlington Park. Sixth to the far turn back of a three-horse spread, she was out of 7th to the top and I liked the way she put her head down to finish in full stride

It was nice to hit the $20 winner last posting so let's see if we can produce another positive return. Talked at length on the phone Wednesday night with former Santa Anita Park general manager Ron Charles. Hopefully we'll be allowed to pass on some exciting news in regard to his new project in the coming year..