AQUEDUCT Friday race 5

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
2yo fillies mc $25k NY Bred going 6f

#5 Lucky Leslie 7/2; Speed, experience, and drop in class makes this one a serious player. However, could be challenged late by the 6 & 9.

#6 Shirtsleeves 5-1; 1st timer for Rick Violette, who has very good first time out numbers. Good steady works on AQ surface and gets Javier Castellano. Against these, why not take a chance on this firster.

#9 Missysmoonlitmagic 4-1; 2nd time starter ships in from Finger Lakes for sneaky trainer Dan Conway. First race at Finger was good enough to put her in the mix against these. Gets a little more distance and should make a big move in the final 100 yards. Not sure you'll get 4-1 as the word is out on the backside and she will get hammered at the windows.

THE PLAY:

EXACTA AND TRIFECTA BOXES 5-6-9

Good luck to all!

Comments

• kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    just curious. are you an arky bred? i see your signature is jfgARKY
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Affirmative, and you and I probably know alot of the same folks in Hot Springs. Been a regular at Oaklawn since early 70's. When I joined this web site back in 2008 I didn't realize that members used a name other than their real name, plus it is all I can do to remember my own name and a zillion different user names and passwords. I tried to change my user name to jfgarky but all it did was show up as a signature. I was born and raised in F'ville and got to know alot of Hot Springs people from a friend who moved to F'ville from Spa. My box is at the upper level all the way at the south end by the simulcast area. I'll give you a post in early January and and let you know where I'll be opening weekend. If we don't see each other at track, I can always be found at Georgia's Longshot across the street.
    edited December 2010
    How about those hogs! do you ever go up there in the mornings? i am friends with a lot of the trainers and know all the jocks well, so you can find me in the mornings on the backside. I am in section TF every year. Love it up top where i can see everything. can't wait! less than 50 days now!
    edited December 2010
    What's the local word on Tony Dutrow bringing in a fair number of horses to Oaklawn? Do you think he will bring in one of his regular jocks, like Jeremy Rose, or use the regular OP riders? Also know that Bret Calhoun is planning on bringing in alot of his better stock and attempt to overthrow Steve Assmussen for trainer title. Should shape up to be another great meet, early weather permitting.
    edited December 2010
    Steve Hobby is also bringing in his stable from Delaware. I'm not sure his move to the mid-atlantic this summer was very profitable, so he is anxious to get back to OP and closer to his main clients, Bill Hardin, Westrock(Joe Ford), and others. Hobby's horses should be very prominent in the allowance ranks.
    edited December 2010
    a dutrow applied for 30 stalls. also has five set aside for his bro to ship in for our stakes races. I could see rose coming here this year. believe it or not . I know michael baze will be here, and i am pretty sure he will stick with Ness horses when he gets the chance. freddie lenclud is my best friend and the little frenchy decided to stick with the turf and go with tampa. surprised doc is encouraging him to go there. I think he will be okay there, but he could have been a top 4 rider here for sure. it will be nice to see Havre de Grace,Payton D' Oro, No Such Word, Winslow Homer and joyful victory this year. That is some real talent right there. asmussen's top flight horses are believe it or not going to SOCAL! crazy i know. i guess his second tier will go to FG, so we might get third string. I look for someone to dethrown him this year. Should be good for betting though. I am really excited about amoss coming. should be a good year!