Monday Longshot Play- Fair Grounds 2nd

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
MC $12,500 3 & up going 6f

#1 Prospective Union 5-1, Ran against much better last summer; turf to dirt, cut-back in distance, and drop to cheap clm makes this one a must use.

#6 Limerock, 4-1, lightly raced and well bred, should be on or near the lead throughout.

#8 Bridge Commander 9/5, broke down in only race last dec. Been working long and fast since late Oct. Could be any kind, but you have to wonder why FG oddsmaker has this one at 9/5. Will use in lower part of my exotics.

#10 Caesar's Coin 8-1, Came alive in last race in early Sept. His 6f time was good enough to wire these. Any improvement off last race makes this one a major threat to lead all the way.

The Play:

Trifecta 6/10-6/10-1/8

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    A horse who broke down in his only race (which took place a year ago), pays only $3.80 to win? That's insane.

Btw, the 4 horses John mentioned finished 1-2-3-4. Nice job.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Had the right horses, wrong order. Now we know why FG oddsmaker had #8 @9/5, as he ran off to win by 6 1/2 at a time of 1:11.1. Might be time to add Bridge Commander to horses to watch list, but facing winners next out will be alot more difficult and I doubt they will run him in a clm race, given his performance yesterday. BTW, I am working on a race today @ Parx that looks like a longshot possibility. God knows I am due to hit one sometime!