AQUEDUCT Race 5 Thurs-HDC Challenge

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
I can't seem to even get close to hitting a good race at Aqu. Therefore, I am sending out a request for all good handicappers to make a call in, perhaps, the worst field of horses ever assembled at a NYRA track.

Race 5, F & M clm $12,500 going 6f 3yo up.

#1 Soo's Purse, 12-1, Lousy record, last race was vanned off, came back 10 days later and fired a bullet. Drop in class and cut-back may help.

#2 Clap Hands, 4-1, turf-to-dirt, drop into cheap clm, and cut-back in distance. Has shown some speed in prior races.

#6 Shesnobedofroses, 15-1, First timer. Against these, WHY NOT!

As you will note, I have not chosen any of the ml fav's, It is hard to like a horse at 3-1 who is winless in 10 starts or who has never hit the board. Nevertheless, take a look at this less than bad race and post your input as to which one of these you think has a chance. I am certainly not sold on my picks and will gladly welcome your help in hitting a race at the Big A.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    My picks are so bad I can't even get the right race number. The above should be Race 4
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Well, i have one that i like in the 5th.....lol. Pretty bad field in that one, too.
  • badbrewbadbrew Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    in mdn clm races I look first for the best class horse and my rule of thumb is to find the horse that was the closest to winning at the highest class and in this field that would be the 1 horse as he was 2 1/4 lengths behind in a MSW40,000 - so he will be my key horse 1/2,7,9 in exactas

Good Luck
  • badbrewbadbrew Junior Member
    edited December 2010
    this is for the 4th race at Acqueduct on Thursday 12/30
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    BadBrew:
    Good luck on your selection in race 4 today at Aqueduct. I did notice on your key pick of the #1 that the mdn race you referred to was 11 months ago. Since that time has done little. However, this is hardly a group of stand-outs and the 3,7, & 9 are probably vulnerable at short prices. Going to go with you somewhat and play a small exacta box with 1-2-5 and hope for good luck and a big price.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I Will Put A Longshot With The 2 M/l Favorites

1.....lovely Lina

2.....hear Her Roar

3.....no Imagination

Good Luck And Good Racing!!!!!