Keying Mr. Uncle Ned in Fair Grounds 5th Dec., 18

warrenthebullwarrenthebull Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
Saturday's fifth at the Fairgrounds is a maiden special weight race at a mile and a sixteenth.

Mr. Uncle Ned(2) is a multi unit win play for me. He surely got familiar with the turf course Nov., 28th. He was not quick early, was grabbed and trailed. Ninth moving down the backstretch Mr. Uncle Ned was checked sharply before the far turn. He he ran into a switch and lost several positions. Mr. Uncle Ned regrouped and began a run out of 10th at the midway point of the second turn. The winner won by a clear margin What caught our eye was the significant late gain Mr. Uncle Ned made in the final eighth of a mile. He hit the fourth but he galloped out wide into the turn and was with the eventual winner. That was a mile. He gets more ground and gets Anna Napravnik who I believe is the best rider in the room.

Key Mr. Uncle Ned(2) in a 10 cent super with 1-3-4-9-10. Also key Mr. Uncle Ned(2) on top with those five horses in the exacta. I'm using Papagayo(1) because he broke well in his debut and could move forward. Old Bushmill(3) ran in what we call a "herd race." He broke slow, trailed, before making up ground late behind a runaway winner. Frankie Dapper(4) exits a live race. The second and third place finishers returned to win. Frankie Dapper stayed inside in that poly track debut race and while no late threat to the first three he could improve.

Lanerie winds up on Wheemaway(9) who exits a race where he was never in a "comfortable" racing position. He was rank inside horses on turn one, fifth between foes to the far turn and remained glued to the rail behind the easy winner. Nolandgrant'skitten(10) acturally finished ahead of my top choice last time out. If his last race is any indicator he'll be prominent all the way. After an eighth of a mile last time he pulled the rider into second. Nolandgrantf'skitten led outside one midway onthe far turn and did not give way until the final 60 yards.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    SOunds good thanks. Gonna wheel your horse with my horse Nolandgrantskitten in exactas and tris. GOOD LUCK
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2010
    GL Warren!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Buried down inside the whole race nowhere to run took out and then took back in, a must follow next time out.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    agreed