PHILI PARX RACE 9 Tuesday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Horse Racing Forum
2yo $75,000 Stakes 6f

An abundance of speed in a race which could be a major race on the weekend at other tracks.

#6 FORT HUGHES, 2-1, 2nd time started comes off a eye-opening debut. Ramon Dominguez comes in to ride for Kiaran McLaughlin. NOTE: Ramon takes off the two main threats to ride this one. Early tactical speed to sit just off the leaders and make a late kick for top honors. The one to beat as the #2 & #4 begin to back-up late.

#2 EMINENT TALE, 4-1, Rick Dutrow trained youngster has all out speed. Will battle up front with the #4 and could pay for it at the end.

#4 ROYAL CURRIER, 3-1, Ditto on the above.

#1A UNLEASH HUMOR, 9/2, Has a chance to benefit from expected speed dual up front. Has shown good late pace figures in previous races.

#6 w/p
Key 6 with 1/2/4

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    #2 and #5 are scratched, changes the complexion of race. Only 4 betting interests. I will probably kick myself for not following the addage "short field, big price" but I will stick with the #6. However, the #4 comes up big with the sct of the #2.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    RESULTS:
    #4 Royal Currier $8.00 $2.40
    #6 Fort Hughes $2.10
    no show wagering

#4 sat off the early speed( 22.2 and 45.4) and had just enough left to hold off the #6 by a long neck. The sct of the #2 was key and I was right about the #4 coming up big by the lack of a legit speed horse. BTW I also liked the under in last nights game. I am really on a roll now!